The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Theory 11-Chris Kenner's 444 Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evildraco1
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of evildraco1
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. This is my first review on the Café, so please bare with me.

Today I was browsing through the Theory 11 website for the first time, when I came across the "1-on-1" part of the site, which is a fancy name for "instructional videos." I was very temped to purchase some of the Bucks' tricks, but I thought I would be waisting my money. Then I saw Chris Kenner's 444 Switch, and I was immediatly interested. I am a card guy, and this looked like the perfect utility that I was looking for. I purchased the $4.95 download and anxiously downloaded it.

The download was around 10 minutes, and Chris Kenner teaches his move very well. In addition to teaching and showing the move, he gives advice on angles, teaches a little history on the move, and he even includes a trick that will, without doubt, fool magicians. As usual with T11, the video quality was great.

I immediately grabbed my deck, (yes, I did say deck,) and correctly executed the switch. It looked extremely convincing, and I got it on my first try. Immediatly, many thoughts came to my mind on how to use this usefull utility to enhance many tricks, such as my ace assembly. I fooled around for a bit, and then FLOORED my parents. Anyway, here is the laydown:

Teaching: 9.5/10. Really, really great

Video Quality: 10/10 Excellent

Difficulty: 3/10. You will have this down soon. One part that is a little knacky, but not "hard."

Usefullness: 9/10. This can be adapted to soo many tricks.

Overall: 9/10 I HIGHLY recommend that every serious card worker learns this move. I am not usually one to purchase instant downloads, but this was well worth the cheap price. I have created a very good trick after learning this move, and I will be using it for a long time. To say that my first experience with Theory 11 was great!

Hope you found this review usefull! It is only my third one. Comments please!

Thanks for reading!
-Matt
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks for the review, Matt! The 4 for 4 change does look very nice. You get quality 10 mins of teaching for such an inexpensive price and Chris is a great teacher! Glad to see that you are able to apply the technique learned and created your own. I'm going to consider this as well as other Dan and Dave's stuff!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hmmm... I did not find the download to be that good

Kenner does not cover one of the most important parts to the move in any real detail... but maybe this is just my opinion.

Michael Paul teaches a lot of 4 card switches in his card under drink pdf, and ive found that they are more effective than this move also.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2210 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I may be wrong but I believe this was in a book by him The Right Stuff under the name Throwing The Switch. I have been using this for years and absolutely love it..again I may be wrong
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1482 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
It's also in " Totally out of Control"
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-12-02 20:04, Y2John wrote:
Michael Paul teaches a lot of 4 card switches in his card under drink pdf, and ive found that they are more effective than this move also.

Yes, Michael Paul's 4 For 4 is very clever and deceptive! I also enjoy his CUD routines very much!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
evildraco1
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of evildraco1
Thanks for everyones replies! I am pretty new to these four card switches so I found it VERY useful. As far as I know he covered the most important points, but you probably know better then me.
-Matt
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I just didn't feel he covered a certain part properly... though ive only had one other actually agree with me lol.

evolve629...

Yeah Michael Paul's switches are very deceptive, and I honestly don't think you would get much from this download if you already have them.
Yeah I enjoy his CUD routines aswell, they are really nice... infact ive never been disappointed with Michael Paul's material.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thanks very much guys. You comparing my material to Kenner's makes me nervous... lol, but I'm glad you like my stuff (I hope you use it as much as I do).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Theory 11-Chris Kenner's 444 Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL