The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » CTW funny story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Well, I was at an internship, where they had learnt that I do magic, and I had shown everyone a few effects here and there, and I decided to do a Card through Window.

However, we were on the second story.

So, I basically set it up via a horizontal card on ceiling style toss after arriving early one morning. The card was set with a torn corner. Not that it mattered, but it was an added touch.

So, I got lucky with its placement on the window, as it was semi covered by things inside.
Or so I thought.

I waited a bit before performing, and literally, just as I walk up with my deck in hand, the girls at the front desk said they had to ask me about something.

They walk over to the window and say that here is a card on it. I'm thinking, 'so much for that trick.'

Any who, when we get to the window, no card. It blew away, lol.
So anyhow, I played it dumb and actually managed to convince them that I had nothing to do with it, lol.

It is a good thing they noticed the card mind you, as if they hadn't, I would have gone throughh the routine and thrown the cards at the window and nothing would have been there. Talk about anti-climactic.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Always pays to second look before doing CTW to make sure the card is still there. I've seen more than one magi embarrassed because a card was no longer there.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
cenafreak0709
View Profile
New user
Memphis
59 Posts

Profile of cenafreak0709
LOL, "I have made the card DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I had a similar story, I was performing in a class room of second graders, and I had two friends as "assistants". They went and 'prepared'. I wanted to do it as the finale, but the kids noticed it! So my assistants went back out and tried to "undo it." The kids ignored me and were all laughing at them outside hiding from them! I learned a lesson there,
Kyle
MagicAndy
View Profile
New user
Sussex
18 Posts

Profile of MagicAndy
Sounds like a close call, I remember getting an assistant to help set it up on a train while I was at the station with my friends, I then assumed the next train coming was the one I wanted but I miscalculated and it wasn't meant to stop at the station >_< so I throw my cards and watch as they zoom off, to this day I maintain to my friends that the card is on that train window. Smile
All Life is an Illusion, only when you realise that can you appreciate what is truly real.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » CTW funny story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL