The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » No Way (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
I don't usually post my webcam magic videos, but I felt like sharing this one of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzXoQ_2yEs

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3411 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Did you say that the spectator could actually handle the bottle? And there would be nothing to find?
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 09:10, Stanyon wrote:
Did you say that the spectator could actually handle the bottle? And there would be nothing to find?

Yep.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Fooled me!

Well done buddy!

Is this an original creation?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
557 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Hmmmm I'm stumped if it can really be immediately examinable
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I don't know if I can buy the fact that they can't examine the bottle...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 11:40, Hart Keene wrote:

Unfortunately that's what I am thinking. I would need to have some better proof that it can be examined. Regardless I still loved the penetration.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 11:40, Hart Keene wrote:

Maybe Mitch may want to define the statement about the bottle being examined. I also find it hard to believe as the other side of the bottle was never shown to the camera. In frontal close up shots you saw the top or bottom of the bottle but never the suspicious area.

Very nice effect Mitch and nice presentation but be careful of people getting the wrong idea of what the claims are.

Best,

Tim
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I do think the effect looks good though.

Is it just me or is there an area of the bottle(middle of bottle) that looks "questionable"? It could just be left over from where the label was but it just looked a little funny...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
557 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Yai saw the same area
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 12:21, jordanjohnson wrote:
Yai saw the same area

It doesn't help that the vid is so grainy...

All in all it is a nice effect and I don't think folks here are "fishing" for methods. I think most just wonder about the claim made that the bottle can be examined..
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
I am serious, while the bottle may be gimmicked, it is completely examinable. I don't plan on marketing this any time soon. But I'll try to get some live performances filmed to show you that the spectators truly can examine everything.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 13:22, MitchMagic wrote:
I am serious, while the bottle may be gimmicked, it is completely examinable. I don't plan on marketing this any time soon. But I'll try to get some live performances filmed to show you that the spectators truly can examine everything.

Mitchell

In that case its not the method I was thinking. Hmmmmm. Good Going Mitch. Why not market it soon?

Best,

Tim
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 13:33, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:

Mitchell

In that case its not the method I was thinking. Hmmmmm. Good Going Mitch. Why not market it soon?

Best,

Tim

No where near perfection...

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
557 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Can the bottle have liquid in it? Don't worry about answering this if it leads to revealing the method
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:

Mitchell

Well then if it can be examined then kudos to you my friend. Even if it is gimmicked I think most expected "something". But as long as they can't find it, right? lol
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-12-04 14:19, jordanjohnson wrote:
Can the bottle have liquid in it? Don't worry about answering this if it leads to revealing the method

Short answer... No, not at the moment.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
I really liked it,keep up the good work.

http://www.papercraneproductions.net
"Wrinkled" The ultimate ungimmicked raisin through sealed bottle coming in 2008.
P3
practice practice perform.
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
Mitch,

Great job my friend on this effect. I have no idea how you are doing it. Also, don't take any offense to readers questioning that's theres no way it can be handed out for examination (take it as a compliment). They, and myself included, are just so stunned that we question when things look to good to be true. I think all the posters above will agree that if you are true with your words then you have a real winner on your hands.

On a side note, I must compliment you on the answer when asked if this is hitting the market. I think its outstanding to see younger magicians and creaters to take pride in their craft enough to know when something is ready and not. Honestly, most young magicians when given a compliment like this are in a rush to get it on the market. Whether it makes it there or not, good work I hope it treats you well.

Cheers,

Ron
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Nicely done, looks to be a very visual effect... I think that this is something you should keep to yourself for now.

Use it, work on it, and enjoy it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » No Way (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL