The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Www.artisticstreetmagic.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We have a solar toddler toggle switch available in several months!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I have a his and hers global warming keys (on and off only not temperature controllable) available for valentines day.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have a bill switch I created that uses no bills.

I'm releasing this to only a select few. It's $2000 ( I know, steep for non-workers ). And you must sign a waiver ( can't be re-sold or performed on TV ).

I will not put a demo up and will not describe it. You either believe or you don't. Those don't beleive aren't true performers.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Why don't you guys wait and see what Artistic Street Magic is all about?

Where did you see an effect like Transformed where you put a spectators face you just met on the dollar bill you just borrowed from him... Where did you see an effect like Strung where the spectators ring ends up on your shoelace, without going into the pocket and fumbling around, performable in shorts if you like...

Cory is backed by quite a few known names of our trade who also helped him to design his website.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I was just teasing. I'm sure Cory is an awesome performer and inventor. His effects sound wonderful and I want to wish him great success with his new website!

Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
That was not adressed to you Christopher. I know where you are coming from bro.

I mean all the others who have no clue and dare to bash without finding out first what the real deal is...

Best,

Silvio
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
VisualRiddles
View Profile
New user
Clarion, Pennsylvania
41 Posts

Profile of VisualRiddles
Any new news on this site yet?
Cory Chapin
View Profile
Loyal user
Of God!
270 Posts

Profile of Cory Chapin
Hey Guys!
I picked up a Sweet camera and some killer software. I want this to blow your minds completely. I have also added 5 more effects that I will put up on opening day. I have about 9 more days of re-filming, and they are off to the print shop. The artwork is "off the chain". Get Ready!!!!!!!
Cory Chapin
Followers can be leaders if they just turn around.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tim Trono of Murphy's has some comments about Cory's effects:

quote]
On 2008-10-29 01:24, Tim Trono wrote:
Hi. I want to set the record straight on a few things as I think some people are making huge assumptions that are not accurate.

In my job as purchaser for the world's largest wholesale distributor I am constantly, all day long, working with various producers, artists, and constantly looking for new great ideas, effects, etc. When I read the descriptions to some of Cory's items a while back I was intrigued and immediately contacted Cory. I was also working with David Blaine and his team on gathering new ideas and material for his show. I let Cory know this as the effects he was announcing sounded great.

In previewing the effects I had some reservations as noted in my e-mail to Chris which he shared above with my permission. Thus the items never made it to David as I did not feel they would fit due to method, practicality, etc.

Cory writes "I showed Tim Trono "Transformation", that was the bonus effect for Transformed. He took this DVD to David Blaine way over a year ago.".

Cory is correct that he provided a DVD of his bill change effect . It never made it to David as we had the concerns as noted and had to ensure we only presented ideas we felt would work. Quite frankly/honestly I did not watch all through the bill change DVD as I felt there were better bill switches available after watching Cory's handling of the bill change. I felt it was to complicated in handling. Thus I honestly don't know if, in fact, the item Cory mentions (changing portrait) was on the DVD as I never got that far (Cory sent several DVDs and I had a fairly short period to review and evaluate them). None of the DVDs actually made it to David (though I did have them with me during one of my trips to NYC in the event they were brought up) as we felt the methods were overly complicated and most likely theoretical ideas and not tried and tested.

The portrait effect you saw on David's show was created by Dan Garcia, Dan White, and Doug McKenzie. I believe (not 100% sure) that it was initially/mainly Dan Garcia's idea and the team worked on it from there. These guys never saw (nor did I as mentioned above) Cory's idea and had no knowledge of it. I certainly would have mentioned it to them when we went over material if I had seen anyone else do this effect before and I had not. I am not doubting that Cory independently created this effect from the Blaine crew or that it was put as a bonus on one of his DVDs (thought I did not see it) but I can assure you they knew nothing of Cory's effect (nor did I) and I don't know what Cory's handling or effect is. So the assumption that this was passed onto the Blaine crew is simply not accurate.

I don't want to get in the mix on this thread as I try to only post items I feel positive about... that is where I prefer to spend my energy. In all fairness to Cory, the ideas (several DVDs sent by Cory as mentioned) I looked at were over a year ago so I don't know if any of them have changed, etc. The ones I looked at sounded great from the descriptions but were fairly complicated in technique and I am not convinced they would work in real performing situations. I passed on them for Murphy's. My decision extended beyond just the rather complicated set up/make up involved though that was certainly a large factor.

kissdadookie, brings up one of the concerns I mentioned to Cory in that I felt many of the ideas that Cory presented to me were riding on the coat tails of other popular releases (ex. Interlace). There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IF the effect is improved and/or the method is significantly improved. In many of the cases I think that Cory presented an alternative method but not necessarily a BETTER method. In some cases such as the ring on shoelace I personally felt it was a step back. I applaud Cory for trying and working with these plots... I just did not feel they were ready for release. I was also concerned that 1) there was simply no crediting from what I saw or 2) that the effects were never shown performed... they went immediately into explanations.

Tony, thanks for your understanding and I think you hit the nail on the head when you wrote "you can come up with something and fall in love w/ the idea and be blinded by your eagerness to release something that is not fully developed.". I see this almost every day in my job and I TRY to encourage people to reconsider when an item is not ready - if you release a half baked idea it will only hurt your brand/name. If you really work through your material, test it out for real people, get honest feedback from knowledgeable fellow magicians, and keep honing it you will get winner after winner (ex. Richard Sanders, etc.).

I am not hear to bash Cory but just to set the record straight. I only will endorse or recommend items I am truly personally passionate about and I am not comfortable with my name being used in conjunction with these products. I did in fact ask to look at them and I did pass on my concerns privately after that.

Tim Trono
[/quote]

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Www.artisticstreetmagic.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL