The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo Ultimate Spoon Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have also posted this on 'Latest And Greatest-Tenyo 2008'.

Link:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=9090

This Spoon Bend is the worst purchase I have made in a very long time!!
The idea is nothing new. Mine didn't function properly (apparently it will eventually, with wear), the g*****k is totally impractical and was distorting within 10 mins of using it.
The annoying thing is that I bought it on impulse and in place of something I have been after for a long while. Smile
Steer clear!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hey Paul Mc,

I have to disagree with ya.

This is a nice update of the original gaff/idea conceived by Sawa, many decades ago. Even though I do "real spoon bending" (and have no need for any gaffs in order to create the effect--see the book Gellerism Revealed) I find this gaff to be very nicely realized.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Second that Ben. I stumbled upon your book at Hank's one afternoon in the 90's. That little book payed for itself 1000 times over.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hey Bloodkin,

Thanks for your kind words. I wish the publisher would distribute it a little better. It's often so hard to find a copy and the "guts" of the book are still valid today.

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
It would probably sell really well today. When I bought it, there were so few book on PK and metal bending. And it would be more valuable today then a lot of the stuff that's come out lately.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I want to know what's the difference this Tenyo version with Autobend Silverware.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On 2007-12-05 23:23, indomagic wrote:
I want to know what's the difference this Tenyo version with Autobend Silverware.

There is no great difference. Autobend Silverware is more durable in terms of handling, whereas the Tenyo version is far too delicate. Although a big fan of Devin Knight, I do not feel comfortable with either of these versions.
I wish I'd spent my money on Ben's book (Gellerism Revealed), that does sound worth while.

Paul Mc.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Gellerism Revealed is a great book!!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I love the Ultimate Spoon Bend, although I haven't used it long enough to know if the gimmick will last. I did it for a group of friends - worked like a charm. It has some nice features: a) Spoon easily breaks in half at the end of the routine; b) You can show your hands empty at the end of the routine; c) The gimmick/routine allow for very natural hand movements.
I think it is an improvement (if the gimmick lasts) over other similar gimmicks/routines.
Check out the demo at: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/catalog/index_new.html
Richard
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
Hi Richard, in the demo it didn't look to me like
b) you can show your hand empty.
It looks like he needs to ditch something, is that what you mean by "can", you mean if you ditch something? Thanks, just trying to clarify this for table work.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
Ashley,
Yes you need to ditch something if you want to show your hands empty, but it is super easy with all the heat on the two halves of the spoons. One time I performed it close-up without ditching that special something because the spoons were the main attraction for the spectators.
I enjoy playing with many of the Tenyo items. But, as many people have written in the Café, Tenyo items often are not suitable for some types of performances because they are plastic. This item is not restricted in that way. It's a winner.
Richard
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Is the gimmicks same with "perfect bend"?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Different gimmick but same principle. Haven't played with it, the handling looks to be more finicky then the handling for Perfect Bend but it's easier to "break" the spoon with this gimmick.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
This gimmick will definitely break or distort within a short period of use..as sure as eggs are eggs. If this type of method is your thing, go for one of the other versions mentioned. Their gimmick is more durable and certainly easier to control, conceal and ditch...as sure as sausages are sausages. Smile

Paul Mc.

www.psychicmentality.com
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Quote:
On 2008-01-22 14:11, caigy wrote:
This gimmick will definitely break or distort within a short period of use..as sure as eggs are eggs. If this type of method is your thing, go for one of the other versions mentioned. Their gimmick is more durable and certainly easier to control, conceal and ditch...as sure as sausages are sausages. Smile

Paul Mc.

As compared to Tenyo, other similar versions are much better. The gimmick (in other versions) is easy to find and inexpensive to replace. IMHO Tenyo version can not be considered a winner in spite the prop being non plastic (including the gimmick).

- Sam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo Ultimate Spoon Bend (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL