The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Balls & Net (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Have you called Byron Walker?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1869 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 01:39, Alan Munro wrote:
The Danny Archer routine is one of the newer ones and was a joy to watch.

I prefer to use sponge balls with the plot. I learned my routine from a Dick Stoner tape and have been performing it for years. The finale is priceless!

BTW, I use a fish net, as used to scoop fish from an aquarium, as the net in the routine.
Check out Tim Hannig's kid show routine in " Magic" Feb 2002, pg.79. Terrific.
One of the last living 1-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5246 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2007-12-16 07:51, leaycraft wrote:
I have viewed the 'world's greatest...: 3 ball trick and the Johnny Thompson routine is indeed superb.

What "World's Greatest" video is the 3 ball routine on?
Thanks,
Bill
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Quote:
On 2009-06-26 21:26, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-16 07:51, leaycraft wrote:
I have viewed the 'world's greatest...: 3 ball trick and the Johnny Thompson routine is indeed superb.

What "World's Greatest" video is the 3 ball routine on?
Thanks,
Bill

World's Greatest Magic - The Fabulous Three Ball Routine
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
DGillam
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of DGillam
Marlo's routine, "Silver Spheres" was in his one man parade in June 1957 Linking Ring. It was reprinted by Jon Racherbaumer in the book, "Arcade Dreams".
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2005 Posts

Profile of puggo
James Prince's latest offering, Menu of Miracles 3, has a nice 3 ball (but no net) routine on it.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Bob Sheets has a version in his recent DVDs. The balls across is about the same as the others but he has a pretty cool production of the three balls at the start.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The trick also had grand children with a comparable coins effect using a sheer scarf
Several good performers like Michael Ammar came up with very interesting solutions.

We may find ideas in getting back and forth between the renditions of the balls and the coins solutions.

Now I love Johnny Thompson's DVD on the Mora's routine and I love him as a man who has a uniquely kind, modest and interesting way of presenting effects... maybe just because he "was drawn that way".

I cannot resist saluting here a great friend and a great magician who will go down in history for having exemplified a key generation of the magic family.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Balls & Net (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL