The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New center deal (video) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
I have been practicing the middle deal and I have made a video of me performing it, it still needs a lot of practice but I´d like you all to give me some advice on how to get it better. I have kind of made up my own technique so I still have to improve and modify the method.
I need all the advice I can get, thanks to you all,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0_-oAUHEI
Magician8
reasons14
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of reasons14
Not bad, I think at this point your get ready is what needs the most work. Try not to make it so awkward with your left hand when you bring it to your right.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Your accomplishing the task but it looks terrible. Get the top half of the pack out of your hand in the open and break in the rear. Pump with your ring finger and cover your side as you draw off. Practice that for a bit and repost a new vid. If it goes garbage add one to the bottom of the stack and breathe it to the pinkie tip, till you can do it right. If you don't understand, start reading.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
If you can clean up the get ready the rest is not that bad. At the start of the clip you did one shuffle, a stock control to keep 4 cards on the bottom. There is no reason to shuffle over a third of the deck to control 4 cards. Try this for a four card control, just do your normal shuffle leading with your aggressive hand, the left in your case. Now see if you shuffled into the slug, if you did make your lead very slightly longer. I always enjoy your clips Kim thanks for sharing.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Mr. Conley this is not MagicKim it's another aspiring young gentleman by the name a Magician8 and he's only 13.

Doc
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
Thanks Doc, that's even better by the time he can get into my game I'll be retired. I would not want to have to fade him. Magician8 there are some great games in collage, don't forget your education.
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Not a bad start at all.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
That's a 13 year old?

DAAAAAMN!

Although I agree that the udjustment needs work, the deal itself looked a little cozy but pretty darn good. In fact, I've seen much MUCH worse from guys who were older and had a reputation for chops...
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I am definitely not an expert on the center deal, can just offer my opinion. I think the deal itself look quite good. The things I would try to improve first of all are;

1. Setup. Try to find a way to make it natural, how do you put the deck into your hand normally? Can you mimic that or perhaps meet half way? What I mean by that is, if you can't get it to match your normal actions, then adjust both and meet in the middle.

2. I am not sure but I thought your fingerpositions were a bit weird, too much in the front of the deck. Try getting them spread out like a normal deal.

BUT, that is definitely a great deal otherwise. Would like to see with better quality though (blurry and not sure about the frame rate) and preferably another brand of cards, a brand with borders. Would be easier to spot mistakes then.

Keep practising.

Kim
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2007-12-05 22:52, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
That's a 13 year old?

DAAAAAMN!

Although I agree that the udjustment needs work, the deal itself looked a little cozy but pretty darn good. In fact, I've seen much MUCH worse from guys who were older and had a reputation for chops...

Thirteen years old? I feel like Antonio Salieri.
DD
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Sharp kid. Moving the work to the back and getting the pack up and the end of it out in the open will polish it up quite a bit. Heck I've seen old timers breathe for a center, there's no shame in that. If the end is cocked to the right a bit it only has a bad angle directly to the right, which the other hand and motion can cover.

There is an issue. They call it 'magicians guilt' and its tossing some telltale movement into the mix. Repetition is the easiest way to overcome it. If you put the hours in and it doesn't go away, practice telling the same story out loud as you practice, just like you were talking to someone else. This will help cut that subconscious tie and smooth it out a bit. The part before the actual deal where the problems are.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of magician8
Here's a new video of the deal being performed with bikes, the setup is still horrible but I'm working on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJsmIWhIIU
I appreciate all the advice and please tell me if you see other mistakes in this video.

Magician8
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
Good job magician8, I see you cleaned up the shuffle.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hi again magician8. The reason I wanted the bicycle deck was so I can have a look from the bad angle. your left. Hopefully I will be able to help you eventhough I still don't like your camera Smile.

Kim
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
This guy is a little closer to what I was saying but he still has the front of the pack hidden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGd1avMTiik&NR=1

A good center is just not going to show up on the net. It should perform the function and be undetectable except at the extreme right and that will be shielded about 50% of the dealing time. If you keep your eyes off it no one else will look either. I tried it in the mirror but I'm out of practice.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
This guy is doing the pump and exposing the fingering. He would be clamping the front of the pack with his thumb at the top of the bike circle if he wasn't demoing how its done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4ioXDJWFI&feature=related

Hope that helps. My text description was pretty crappy as far as helping out.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The whole thing is, no one is covering anything up with their index finger in front of the leading pack edge. It makes the whole thing an obvious cheat so do the work to get rid of whats wrong. Even the front end. and hold it together. Get the front edge of the pack out in the open. The centers will slip and spew for a while till you get into the 'feel' and after that it will work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » New center deal (video) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL