The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 CUPS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Eeepp I hope your luck turns around jake, I hate when those things happen. I hope these private ventures are as fun as they sound.

And the ramsey cups are excellent thank you so much, and sorry again for so many delays, I am glad I was able to get them thanks to your kindness.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Jake has held up under a lot of adversity.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I can only imagine what Jake will create once he has a bit more time from the daily mundane stuff that is all part of running a successful biz. Ya gotta know that with that "Z" blood running through the veins of Jake's daughter there will continue to be magical art created at RNTII!
Jake man, congrats on your retirement and as always I look forward to any future conversations and seeing what you're up too in the times ahead!
Cheers Brother,
Mick
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Anything can happen in a year!!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
As well I know. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
I hope Jake's got a few new products to surprise us with before he hangs up his spinning tools.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Jake's most recent new product, the Gazzo 2's, showed up last week. They're magnificent.

Curt
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 07:17, cfrye wrote:
Jake's most recent new product, the Gazzo 2's, showed up last week. They're magnificent.

Curt

You lucky dog.. I am jealous...... I got some neat things from him too recently, so I am not complaining...just jealous Smile

James
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Quote:

Curt

I second the magnificent, and wanted to add why. When I first got these, I was excited about the size. Upon playing with them I notices that the top was not as convex as most cups and was a little disappointed. In practicing with them I found that sure enough some of the moves I was already doing would now cause the ball to roll off the table and to the floor, so now I had confirmed my disappointment (KEEP READING). So I called a friend who knows Jake and know cups and he explained that it was for sake of allowing for a larger load. So, now I was ready to put this in front of a lay audience. First off it didn't take long to correct the ball falling off the cup, it just took a lighter touch. Also I honestly didn't think that it would make such a huge difference having bigger loads, BOY WAS I WRONG. I honestly didn't think that my cup routine was going to get any better, but now the reaction is beyond a noticable difference, I would put it at 10x the reaction I get with my pheonix cups. Also my orginal plan was to keep these for sake of stage or parlour shows and use my pheonix for close up. I decided to try these close up and it worked even better, I know the ladies will agree with me on this one, men just try it for yourself, BIGGER IS BETTER, and Jake has done it. In my close up sets its gone for people who were really into the magic saying that I was amazing to even jaded people who at frist don't seem interested, stammering out "yer, amazing, you are amazing!" I can't say it enough these are magnificent!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jake for making the end of my year a great one!

Adam
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2007-12-18 10:25, nostrings wrote:
Quote:

Curt

I second the magnificent, and wanted to add why. When I first got these, I was excited about the size. Upon playing with them I notices that the top was not as convex as most cups and was a little disappointed. In practicing with them I found that sure enough some of the moves I was already doing would now cause the ball to roll off the table and to the floor, so now I had confirmed my disappointment (KEEP READING). So I called a friend who knows Jake and know cups and he explained that it was for sake of allowing for a larger load. So, now I was ready to put this in front of a lay audience. First off it didn't take long to correct the ball falling off the cup, it just took a lighter touch. Also I honestly didn't think that it would make such a huge difference having bigger loads, BOY WAS I WRONG. I honestly didn't think that my cup routine was going to get any better, but now the reaction is beyond a noticable difference, I would put it at 10x the reaction I get with my pheonix cups. Also my orginal plan was to keep these for sake of stage or parlour shows and use my pheonix for close up. I decided to try these close up and it worked even better, I know the ladies will agree with me on this one, men just try it for yourself, BIGGER IS BETTER, and Jake has done it. In my close up sets its gone for people who were really into the magic saying that I was amazing to even jaded people who at frist don't seem interested, stammering out "yer, amazing, you are amazing!" I can't say it enough these are magnificent!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jake for making the end of my year a great one!

Adam

Now you guys are just being mean to those of us in anticipation.... Smile
Wal
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Wal
This is old hat. But yesterday I received my RNT ( Regular} Monti Cups (copper-satin finish) complete with four 3/4-inch and also four 1-inch red balls.Rather surprisingly, three one-inch balls would just fit on the saddle. Does anyone use these cups this way.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes. It is a very common move. It goes back to Hocus Pocus Jr. (1634)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
From the banner on Jake's Site"

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. Retail productions have been halted, as items sell out there will no longer be any more produced. Beginning January 1, 2008 RNT II will not be a retail magic site. Thank you to all that have shown their support. All existing projects with company's and individuals will continue, however again RNT II will no longer be producing products for retail sales through this site of our own line. Sisti, JES, Phoenix, Gazzo, Ramsay Cups will stay in production all other items are being halted. Back orders are now being filled as quickly as possible. No new Custom orders will be accepted on out of stock or special order items after Dec 31, 2007."

Get those orders in people!

-Todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
............so where will the RNT II cups be retailed?

Fortasse
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Oh crap, so many things I still wanted to get...
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 14:08, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Oh crap, so many things I still wanted to get...

I think you speak for many of us.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I've got three items on order already!
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Jake, will the SBL line & Pete's Ramsay cups be discontinued after the 1st?

If so I need to scramble some cash together...

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Remember Riser's Law. If you want it, get it today, it may not be available tomorrow.

And remember Palmer's Law. Everything shows up on eBay sooner or later.

Words to live by!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
Ever wonder what the SBL stands for. I asked Jake a couple times and he told me it would soon be let out. Still haven't heard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 CUPS (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL