The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 CUPS (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
If I remember correctly, each of the performers you mentioned often work in restaurants and other sit-down or close proximity situations. I know the Bob White DVD is shot with the assumption you're performing close-up. In those cases, a .75" ball and small cups make a lot of sense.

Curt
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
My only problem with the Bob White DVD is the couple he performs for couldn't look more uninterested in Magic Smile

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Quote:
On 2008-02-06 16:29, lint wrote:
My only problem with the Bob White DVD is the couple he performs for couldn't look more uninterested in Magic Smile

-todd

Very true!

I disliked how he repeated himself throughout the entire DVD. I feel the DVD should have been about half as long. Also, he blatantly contradicts some of the stuff he says. One example occurs during his explanation of the ball vanish. He said that you shouldn't put the ball into your left hand and then keep the right hand moving. Right afterwards, he says to put the ball into your left hand and then immediately move the right hand to your left sleave to pull on it and make the ball disappear. Overall, I liked Bob White's DVD. He has a strong personality.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2135 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-02-05 20:04, matt kemp wrote:
Jake, I hear that you are feeling better!

Also, how much will the JM2 cups cost? I'm considering selling my Foxy II.V's to get a set of the JM2's. I think tennis balls are a little bit large for my hands to load into the cups. Also, I have been itching to work with a combo set of cups.

I'm almost caught up with everyones orders. I finished the JM2 cups in copper last night, these are the ones that take a tennis ball. I'm only making 13 sets. Each cup weighs in at about 12oz in the copper. Cost per set will be 375.00 which is a steal, but since I was able to get a good deal on copper from a shop that was closing I'm passing it along. The cups are spun from 065 copper and one is a chop cup all the cups weigh the same, there is no tell tale sign of the gaff as with our other combo cups. There will be some made in triple nickel chrome and antique bronze, these are special order only and limited to 6 of each finish.

I've also managed to squeeze in some full size Don Alan chop cups in Church Bronze,
there are 12 cups, cost is 250.00 each in Church Bronze.

The Jester mini coppers and gun steel are done as well and are limited to 24 sets in each metal. The Jester cups are 125.00 in either metal.

I'm having to do limited runs due to other projects going on and probally will not run any other runs as projects keep coming in.

Thanks for all your support while I was sick, especially the kind PM's and some even sent get well cards, thank you to all of you.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Jake, I should have specified this earlier... I'm considering getting a set of the JM2's that will take a lacrosse ball. Do you know when those will be ready? Will those also cost $375?

Also, I love the wand! Thanks for the engraving.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Matt,
the lacrosse size probally won't come out till late summer and will probally be the same price.

I'm glad you like the wand, I tried to gold fill the lettering, but nothing will adhere to Delrin Smile

Jake

Here's a link to the JM2 Combo Cups on the RNT II site.

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=488

The saddle is very deceptive as these cups will hold (3) 1 1/8" balls with no sticking or floating.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
DAK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of DAK
[quote]On 2008-02-06 17:28, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:

I'm almost caught up with everyones orders.

What about mine Jake? It's been a long time coming after all.

Dominick
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
[quote]On 2008-03-14 14:39, DAK wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-06 17:28, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:

Dominick

+1
sini
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of sini
[quote]On 2008-03-14 14:46, jordanl wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 14:39, DAK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dominick

+1

+1
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
How do the SBL copper princess cups compare to Sherwoods? I'd like a set to practice with when not using my engraved Sherwoods. Do the SBL cups feel the same / take the same loads, etc?

- Frank
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
SBL Princess cups were pulled from the line up out of respect to Brett and them being too close to his smooth cups.

Jake

[quote]On 2008-03-14 21:47, sini wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 14:46, jordanl wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 14:39, DAK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dominick

+1

+1

Customs records are showing the final shipment was delivered.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hey Jake could you send me a PM or an email? spbowser2000@yahoo.com

Thanks

Shawn.
Shawn.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
RNT2... maybe one day, dreams dreams dreams Smile
-DJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 CUPS (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL