The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fernando Alonso (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Not his greatest fan, in fact not a fan at all, but to the F1 fans out there....where is he going next year?
Is he going to join Ferrari in 2009?
I hope not as I am big on Ferrari and small on Alonso.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I couldn't see Alonso joining Ferrari.

Rumor has it that he's going to Honda for 2008. Ross Brawn's their new team manager. With him running the show and Fernando driving they might run the risk of becoming competitive.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I don't know where he's going, but Hugo Boss is keen to tag along with him:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ne......38.shtml

The latest news is that Honda has dropped out of the running. However, Toyota has expressed interest in Alonso.

And, believe it or not, even McLaren has made some noise about taking Alonso back:

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/7013/900/

Alonso could reunite with McLaren

Dec.5 (GMM) Speculation surrounding Fernando Alonso's uncertain future has taken yet another sharp turn.
The Spanish newspaper Diario AS claims that, despite their recent unhappy split, McLaren has joined the race to accommodate the 26-year-old Spaniard in 2008.

Honda has seemingly dropped out of the running, but Renault, Red Bull and Toyota are thought to have presented Alonso with standing offers for next season and beyond -- with none willing to accept his demands for a single-season deal.

'AS' reports that McLaren has reopened the lines of communication with Alonso's management after Spanish team sponsors reacted badly to news of the split after just one year of collaboration.

Almost unbelievably, McLaren is now considered a real contender to welcome Alonso back to the Mercedes-powered team for 2008, due to Ron Dennis' similar desire for a merely one year contract.

'AS' claims the response from Alonso's camp so far has been composed, followed by the presentation to McLaren of a list of conditions, such as the freedom to determine independent race strategies.

But with Ron Dennis still in charge of the team, the newspaper speculates that a reunion is "unlikely".

---

I really like F1. Just got into it a few years ago, and I don't really follow it that closely. And most of the silly races run at odd times, from the North American perspective, making it hard for me to watch the races. But, still, F1 is one of the very few sports I will bother to watch and follow even a little bit.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
It does look like he is heading back to Renault which would be good for the sport. It looks like next year could be an interesting season. Also undecided is who would be replacing Alonso at McLaren next year. I assume they would be making an announcement soon. Hope for his sake it is De la Rosa although I doubt it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fernando Alonso (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL