The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I love the electric company (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
This morning my phone rang at 8:05 am it was the electric company telling me that my electric bill will be due in 4 days, not late mind you but due. I was in the shower at the time, and I ran out to pick up the phone, because that is the time of day that my agent usually calls. I would have had some choice words for the electric company, but it was a recorded message to remind me that my electric bill was almost due. I love the electric company.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
From your post, I take away the message that you usually shower when you are expecting a call from your agent. Seems a little odd to me. Does the thought of your agent calling make you feel dirty or something?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Al...that is odd but a couple years ago my elec company, the evil PG and E, did the same thing during the holidays. My question is if your agent calls at that time why were you in the shower? Is it you really like talking to the agent buck naked and the shower gives you an excuse? We got'sa know Al!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Penn says he once read a book that said "Have the upperhand, always know something that the person on the other end of the phone doesn't know"

So he would make deals over the phone, nude while wearing a donkey hat.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 18:36, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Penn says he once read a book that said "Have the upperhand, always know something that the person on the other end of the phone doesn't know"

Brett.

Too much information. Especially when I am about to eat dinner. THANKS! Smile

Best,

Tim
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Yes Brett, you could have left the donkey hat out!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
If you must know my agent doesn't call me every morning, but I do dirve my wife to work every mornung at 9:00 am the reason why I drive my wife to work is because she insists that I drive her to work, and buy her coffee before I go back home to goof off untill I pick her up at 5:00 pm.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
It is odd the parts of a post that folk focus on, isn't it Al?

I was trying to figure out why they would call you to tell you the bill isn't late. Was the guy lonely? Maybe he just wanted someone to talk to. Possibly he wasn't from the E.C. at all, and an undercover spy with cameras all over your house, who knew you were in the shower and just wanted to see you get out.....
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My wife made me drive her to work also....

When PG and E did it I asked (I knew the customer service manager there from Home Depot....long story) and he said that people often forget to pay or don't have the money cuz they spent it on holiday stuff and then they have over dues and people can't pay the higher 'we stick it to our customers in Winter' bills in January etc.. They only did it one year cuz many were, like Al, not happy with the call.

My favorite thing like that was a guy I knew who got a call from a credit card company, this was several years ago, telling him he didn't have enough in his checking to pay the bill and asking how he was going to pay them. Note he wasn't giving a bad check, he had not paid them yet and he moved money from his credit union account to a checking account to cover bills. He was very angry they were looking at his acount and quit both the card company and the bank.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
OK..my turn now.

Years back I used to pay my cable bill 6 months at a time. Just to clarify ... that's not after I have watched 6 months of cable but I paid 6 months in advance.

3 months into the 6 months I received a bill for the next 6 months. As I was still 3 months away from the end of my first 6 months I ignored it. A month later I got a late notice on that same bill that had been issued for the NEXT 6 months. Within weeks I received a disconnection notice from the cable company. I called them and they told me I was scheduled to be disconnected that very day. I asked the cable rep how they could disconnect me when I was still prepaid for another 45 days?

After some humming and hawing they finally backed off. I switched to satellite when my 45 days was up. LOL

Best,

Tim
criverstamu09
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of criverstamu09
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 18:36, Freak Prodigy wrote:

Brett.

I don't think I will be able to eat for a week.
"Who you are moment to moment is just a story."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Josh
The electric company hates us because we had a high effecency heat pump installed last Summer, we had the house wrapped in Tyvek before we put up new siding, we also replaced all the light bulbs in the house with flourescent high effeciency bulbs our electric consumption is down by 60% and they just hate us. I suspect we will get a phone call tomorrow morning to inform me that our itsy bitsy electric bill will be due in three more @#$% days.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
What's funny is the local electric company loves it when we conserve energy (Hydroelectric here, mostly). What we don't use they can sell for a substantial increase to the suckers in California and such.

But power conservation probably isn't the most pressing issue with these power companies. You tell me if they call again, I know a guy.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
And here I thought we were gonna have a blast yappin' about the PBS kids show The Electric Company...

"Hey you Guuuuys!!!"

Spiderman was my favorite part!
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 20:55, johnnymystic wrote:
And here I thought we were gonna have a blast yappin' about the PBS kids show The Electric Company...

"Hey you Guuuuys!!!"

Spiderman was my favorite part!

That's what I thought, too! My favorite one was "Silent E"
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2909 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
My favorite comic strip is Dilbert. You do the math. Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Call your electric company back and tell them the payment is almost in the mail.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
They were just exercising their ... power.
POOF!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tom & Kregg
The utilities are big brother, if they can strike fear in your heart their job is done.

I got my phone bill last September that had $55 in long distance charges on it, so I called my cable company and ended a 41 year relationship with the phone company. I now get my local calls, unlimited long distance to the US & Canada, and 12 other functions that I don't even understand all for one flat rate. I'm saving $40 a month for high speed modem, cable TV, and phone from the cable company.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Ahhh..johnnymystic.. I was going to say that!!
I used to love the Electric Company.

Randi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I love the electric company (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL