The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Probe…Divination with 100% Accurracy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
My point is more than that.

While I agree that the "if x likes it, it must be good" chant is an unwise foundation for making decisions, I also believe that listening to the opinion of the magic Café's " big majority" may be equally unwise.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I agree with you 100% truethteller.

Doing things because OTHER people do them is a STUPID reason for YOU doing them. Do your own REALTIME research people -- or read my review if you don't want to.

People must make decisions because it is right for them .. NOT because someone else is doing it or because someone else says so.

I've said it before in earilier posts ... I am probably one of the very few here that had ALL three RFID Reader devices at one time (see the pictures in my article) and used them in REAL presentations with real people. Unless probe changed drastically in it's reading distance ability from RhineSense .. I don't see any reason in thinking that it is significantly different in my findings compare to Akana Lite or UFO II. But again, don't base your opinions on MY recommendation .. get all three and see the differences LIVE in real time -- see if you agree with ME or not. I still stand by my decision in my article 100% .. UFO II is the best thing out there bar none .. and is milestones away from Rhinesense or Akana Lite in distance of reading ability (I also noticed that Probe was never sent or offered to me for an article review vs. UFO II ... wonder why?).

Have a happy new year!

- Steve
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2008-01-03 03:37, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
(I also noticed that Probe was never sent or offered to me for an article review vs. UFO II ... wonder why?).

My guess would be they don't want to send a $475 product out for review when ultimately the review wouldn't do anything for them. Even if you gave it a raving review, in the end, it is just a raving review by "TheAmazingSteveo on the MagicCafe" not enough people would ever read it to have any tangible effect on their sales. This isn't a dig against you or anything, but if they were going to have it reviewed, I would guess they would want a well known mentalist reivew it on a widely circulated magazine.
Click to visit:
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Hey -

I'll add that Bob Kohler has NEVER steered me wrong. I trust him absolutely 100%. He has given me solid advice over the years and that is invaluable. He is a good and loyal friend.

Thanks!
Frank Velasco
Powers of the Mime
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Powers of the Mime
I don't know, the name reminds me or a bad Alien movie. Smile
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 14:58, Powers of the Mime wrote:
I don't know, the name reminds me or a bad Alien movie. Smile

Rumor has it, that it was between "Probe" and "Procto", and "Probe" sounded less "intrusive".
Click to visit:
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Whatever the name is, it works like Magic...absolutely NO explanation can be logically found. A major STUNNER!!! It was the MOST talked effect for the last few shows I have been doing.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
After reading my post again, I thought I should play it safe... My post 2 above was a joke, in case the humor didn't come across in the printed word...

I have spoken with Bob about some of the applications of this, while I don't own it, it sounds absolutely marvelous.
Click to visit:
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Going by the working pros , probe is the way to go.

that's good enough for Me, and I suspect may others.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Quick question. Is there a way to do the old "which hand is the coin in" trick with it? I didn't see if it came with a quarter with a chip inside of it.

This would be the first thing I would want to do with this device.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
blakeherridge
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of blakeherridge
If you read the add you will see that it is not possible with a metal object. anything that's not metal will work like a dollar bill or anything else.

I must say I have played with the probe for over a month and have used it in walk around and stage settings and its amazing.

it blows people away and it works like a charm. This is the best purchased I have made in a long time. ITs the hardest hitting trick I own because it simple and the spectator can easily understand whats going on. This is something your audiance will remember you by.

thanks Bob
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I had two reasons (in addition to having a dead line) to choose the UFO II
Labcomagic has an enviable renommé for excellent service which I have experienced personally to be well earned.
There was a special PM:ed offer by Bob Kohler for members of the MC. I had some questions and did not get an answer in three days, Labco always answers me the same day.

So after using the UFO II on several occasions, what is the verdict on the importance of RANGE and LOCATION, the main differences between UFO II and Probe? With electronic consumer goods - radio controlled toys, car and door keys, etc. - it is more and more important that you make a minimum of suspicious moves. Having to do a reading once is bad, to do a reading twice is twice as bad, and being able to do it from further away is a big bonus. Yesterday someone said, "Those plastic cards look 'electronic' to me" Fortunately another one retorted: "I thought so also, but he never came close enough to have read them electronically!" I immediately took out my "Beyond ESP" pack to show I do not need thick plastic cards, saying "I just use them because they are durable and easy to keep clean". The spectator grabbed my arm to thank me. With the admittedly easier to set up and more economical Probe I would have been in trouble.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
HI Kaarlo,
I wish you success with UFO II.
I'm sorry if I didn't get back to you to answer your questions but at the time of my special offer to Café members was over the holidays and I simply took a few days off...

While I understand your concerns with Probe I think you'll see that when my new web site launches Probe will have a new trailer that will clear up all of the concerns and misgivings about range, choreography, practicality and use in a professional environment. Probe is simply a fantastic tool that many pros are successful with because it works. Like any tool you need to learn to use it. The learning curve is short, the results are astonishing.

There will always be fans of both UFO II and Probe because the great thing is they are different. It's like shoes, one size doesn't fit all. That's why there are Toyota's and Rolls. There's nothing wrong with a Toyota, in fact there are many, many more in use worldwide than a Rolls because many people simply can't afford a Rolls. But they'll both get you from point A to point B. Except one will save you a ton of money.

One bit of advice though. Probe is handmade and it takes time for me to get them. Once the trailer is up
I have a feeling that the short wait we have today is going to get much longer.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
I am looking forward to this one. Will there be a training video in addition to what comes with the unit?

Thanks,

Paul h.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I can vouch for Mr. Kohler's GREAT customer service. He's quick to respond and he personally takes time to explain things. I've had an issue with my original unit which he promptly sorted me out with. He sent me a reply that was long enough to be a two page essay detailing some of his work and thoughts on using Probe. I'm still awaiting for my replacement but I'm striking that to either slow USPS or slow mail delivery at my work place (or it may have been sent to my home address which then I have to wait for my doorman to sort through the packages my buildings tenants receive). All in all, a wonderful dealer to purchase from and the Probe itself is tremendously useful, efficient, and a solid build as well as function. My friend purchased one at around the same time I did, his has been working well for the past week and a half so my unit was just a very rare dud (and it wasn't even a complete dud, it was a very sporadic dud that could easily have been missed because I've really rung it through heavy testing before contacting Bob).

These things are guaranteed to fly off the shelves. I'm not even sure if I should be posting in regards to the Probe on the Café anymore since I really would like to keep this secret a secret.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Hi Paul,
We are working on a new training DVD for Probe. It's going to take a little longer as we're finalizing the new web site. Sean and I are also continuing to develop handling, touches and routines for the final DVD.

Even though Probe is now in a new generation the product is still very new to the US and it's really exciting to see what performers are doing with it. While a lot of the ideas won't be published the ones that are coming and the ways we're finding to use Probe to me make it probably the single most useful gaff I own since the FK Holdout.

Even though the method of RFID is always used the different effects that are possible look totally different to the spectators. I can easily do an entire walk a round act using only Probe. As the year goes on we'll also be releasing new props to go with Probe.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I can't wait for that training DVD to be released as well as objects with the chips already embedded in them. I'm sure Mr. Kohler can perform an entire set with just the Probe. I'm trying to think up of ways other than which hand is it and what item am I holding/did I select routines.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
So, when is The Probe coming off back-order?
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I heard from Bob that there's a shipment that's in transit right now Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2008-01-20 22:00, LiquidSn wrote:
Quick question. Is there a way to do the old "which hand is the coin in" trick with it? I didn't see if it came with a quarter with a chip inside of it.

This would be the first thing I would want to do with this device.

How quickly things get 'old' once they've been seen on TV :0.

This effect cannot be done with this device, so it's probably not for you. There are cheaper ways of doing that.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Probe…Divination with 100% Accurracy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL