The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Jamie Schoolcraft Gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
Where can I find Todd on eBay?
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
The biggest problem and difference between the two in my and my friends case who have ordered one is delivery time. Schoolcraft... In about a week to even other side of the world usually. Lassen... Well, let's just say that you might have to wait a long time... But those are just my and my friends experiences. Both of their quality is absolutely amazing when compared to some ¤%&/) like Tango, Sasco, Empire, and so on.
errolbacalzo
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of errolbacalzo
I received a 3CM set with matching cut down coins in Morgan dollars from Jamie last month and have been enjoying it thoroughly. I was surprised as to how snug the fit of the coins to the shell is. Just tonight, a very thin strand of hair got stuck in the edge of 3CM, and the insert shell won't un-nest. How much more a snug fit can you get!?! This gimmick is great, and the workmanship is amazing! I'm sure Todd's shells are of the same quality, or even higher, and I'm planning to get some of his products in the future. Just wanted to share how satisfied and impressed I am with Jamie's products.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Quote:
However, we all know there are also eBay items out there that aren't what they claim to be. As far as I know, there are no certificates of authenticity. (At least, I hope not because that is kind of corny.) eBay is eBay. I would tread carefully.

There are ways of telling if you are getting or have received the genuine article with BOTH Todd's and Jaime's items. You just have to know where to look.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
News to me.
Both Jamie and Todd have indicated over and over that not all of their past work was hallmarked.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
And I emailed Jamie and Todd 2 weeks ago about purchasing a WL shell and have not received a response yet... Pretty busy, I guess, eh? ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
In response to Danny Daniels, Todd's stuff is on eBay pretty regularly. He will occasionally put something on there - usually one of a kind items. A lot of others sell their Lassen stuff there at prices ranging from slightly inflated to double or triple, depending on how hard it is to get that item.

By the way, if your main criteria on buying coin gaffs is speed of delivery, why not just buy all Johnson and Sasco mass-produced garbage? It's sitting on the shelf at the magic store now, and you don't even have to wait a week. There are plenty of good people who use Johnson, and it will undoubtedly get by most spectators. Schoolcraft is definitely a step or two above Johnson. But the question people usually ask is, what is the best shell or best coin gimmick? In virtually every case, there is only one answer. Those in disagreement either don't know what they are talking about or are taking things into account other than the quality of the coins. TL creates collectible, valuable works of art that you can use for coin tricks.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I agree with organic. I've seen and handled everything out there, and there really is no comparison. I've had really nice gaffs from all the guys who make them, but one gaffer consistently produces top notch, top quality gaffs without exception. If you want the best, you either have to wait your turn or pay way over retail. The eBay prices clearly show who the best really is.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I just wanted to pipe in real quick regarding organicmagician's post. While Sasco is pretty bad, I still have a 1964 Kennedy shell I bought in the 1990s and it fits just as good as my Dean's set. In fact, I went ahead and sold my Dean's set and kept my Johnson set.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
There was a time when Sasco's shell work was quite good. However, I believe the gentleman who did the work passed away in the early or mid-nineties. Since then, it hasn't been up to par, at least in my opinion.

Regarding Schoolcraft and Lassen, I've seen great work from both, but, to me, Lassen is more consistent.

And, I've seen some nice work from Van Dokkum.
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
So does Jamie hallmark his works too?
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2008-09-01 07:12, joseph wrote:
And I emailed Jamie and Todd 2 weeks ago about purchasing a WL shell and have not received a response yet... Pretty busy, I guess, eh? ...

Phone calls work best for both, especially Lassen. I typically only get an email from Todd when he is about to shop something, or verifying an order. Placing new orders works best by phone. By far.

YMMV,
-Allen M.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Would like to chime in and say mark mason is now selling custom coins made by Bob Swadling and they are very nice indeed.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Bob Swadling plays second fiddle to nobody when it comes to quality coin work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Jamie Schoolcraft Gaffs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL