The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharper Image (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Interesting!
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I have experimented using these devices for instant stooging.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Neznarf thanks for posting kewl stuff here !
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These are interesting, but unless you do something to disguise the principle, they will be of little value. Remember, Sharper Image sends out catalogs to everyone, and they have some stores in malls as well.

If you can figure out a way to remove the picture at a certain point, it will give you more possibilities.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Drugstores are now selling these at $20, so the price is plummeting. They'll be at the dollar store in a couple of years, I'd bet.

• How about using them as a reveal? The photos don't have to be 'photos', they can be anything you print up and scan. A series of instructions (as above, to stooge someone) or how about a series of photos showing a walk in the woods, towards the old witch's house, and finally to a ratty Tarot card laying on a table?

• A series of photos could offer a selection that would have been predicted.

• Hand out several to audience members, have each one select a photo (famous people on one, places on another, restaurants or cars or hotels, etc on the last one) they get free choice, you predict the choices.

• How about instructions for a hands-off card trick?

• How about 20 pages of 6 digit numbers, they select one, and that is the prediction that you arrive at with the audience's help.

• Have 9, hand them out. Each has photos of numbers from 0-9. Each member selects a number, they are all mixed and returned, and the order of return makes up the number that you will deal with (as a goal or as a prediction)?

• 52 photos can equal a deck of cards. You go from there. Couple this with an Invisible Deck and you've got a new trick.

• 78 photos make a Tarot deck. Do an instant reading with 3 selections.

• For the Paranormalist, use it as a testing system for THEIR psychic functioning:
have about 30 pictures of your relatives and friends. Have them pick one and
begin to tell YOU about that person.

• For the reader, do the opposite: anytime you see anyone carrying one of these,
have them pick one of the photos and YOU tell them about that person.

• Have only one photo of an object loaded into one, then put the photo thang into
a little bag, which you hand to the person before beginning the effect. Then
Magician Force that object from a series of objects that you've assembled. If
the photo is of a general object found in a restaurant, for example, you can
have THEM start selecting the objects from around them, at the restaurant.
You're home free as soon as they add your force thing to the pile. Same would
apply if you had them select random stuff from their pockets.

these little things could be fun!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Penny's has the keychain for $19.99 and bed bath and beyond has the credit card style for $25. I got them as stocking stuffers on black friday. also $179 for a 7" digital frame is WAY too expensive. you can find them for around $75 and on sale for $45. again on black friday I got an 11" at radio shack for $99 regular $200.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Nintendo DS now has software for "Magicians" similar to the magic CD-rom put out several years ago where it's interactive...blow out a candle on the screen and stuff like that.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you leave them as digital picture frames, you will fool nobody. They have a particular "look." I've already figured out a number of ways to use them as mental props, but you have to disguise what they are or it isn't worth anything.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I think the best use of the tiny photo devices is as a "tip off" to an unknowing confederate...

1 Spectator #1 is invited onto the stage along with Spectator #2

2 A card is selected by spectator #1 (this was forced by your favorite method)

3 The magician ceremoniously waves his/her magic wand over spectator #2 to "turn them into a magician for only a moment"

4 The magician produces a small crystal ball and asks spectator #2 to "concentrate" on the crystal ball until you get an impression of the selected card..

5 The magician has palmed the photo frame and placed the crystal ball over it... shows it to spectator #2 (unbeknownst [is that even a word???] to the audience)

6 Spectator #2 announces their "impression" to the unsuspecting audience

7 Ask your audience to give spectator #2 a hand!

sdmagic
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Do you get any control over the pictures with these, or are they all in Slideshow mode?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I saw that some of these even support GIF images. So my question is, are these images animated if they are of the animated type?
Yours,

Ivan
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good idea if it works (for any length of time). I find Sharper Image to be one of the world's largest income-producing test markets- lots of quick ideas poorly done.
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Anyone can confirm my idea? Do animated Gifs get animated on these as well?

Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharper Image (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL