The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGICSEEN - Britain's brightest independent magic magazine » » Content of Magicseen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
There are probably 50% advertisments, almost all full page, most of which I have seen many times before.

Ok, these ads are necessary for the budget requirements I am sure, but I would like to see more effort on the editorial front with regards to instructional articles and effects. I feel the editorial is largely fairly shallow features on magicians. There could be at least 10 effects, or presentation idea instructional article on performing effects, per issue. I would like to see 20-30 pages at least of this content every issue. At the moment there are very few effects and articles of this nature per issue.

These effects could be related to the current magicscene or related to a promotional item by a current featured magician or advertiser. But definitely this content will help improve what could be a promising publication.
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
196 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
Does anyone know if there is anyplace that lists the content of past issues of MagicSeen?

I've downloaded a few issues, which have been okay, but before downloading others it would be nice to know the SPECIFIC content.

Thanks in advance!

Doug A.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1178 Posts

Profile of Chris
Doug,

You can see the contents on my website: http://www.lybrary.com/magazines-comics-......167.html

Click through to each issue to see it. This is directly from the magazine. It is not awfully detailed but is a start. You can now also buy magicseen from the Lybrary.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
magicseen
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicseen
Hi Doug,

You can now see a full contents list on our website http://www.magicseen.co.uk where every item from all issues are listed both in alphabetical order and/or by issue number.

I hope this helps.

best wishes,

Phil
magicseen
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
I personally have really enjoyed the magazine. Seems to offer a fresh perspective, and an European view to boot! Bravo!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Detailed contents have and are being prepared for Magicseen issues over at Lybrary.com - VERY detailed tables of contents in some cases.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1178 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 22:06, magic777 wrote:
There are probably 50% advertisments, almost all full page, most of which I have seen many times before.

That was perhaps true for the first issue which is not a good indicator for a magazine in general. I checked the ratio of ads, news/reviews, and editorial content for issue #36, the currently latest issue with Andi Gladwin on the cover. Here is the breakdown:

ads: 13 pages (19.1%)
news/reviews: 21 pages (30.9%)
editorial content: 34 pages (50%)

I am sure this is a lower ad content ratio than what the other big magic mags have.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGICSEEN - Britain's brightest independent magic magazine » » Content of Magicseen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL