We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks that don't alter stacks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trent Hardcore
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Trent Hardcore
Hi all,

What are some recommended effects that do not alter your stack? I am already using Triumph but what are some others?

Cheers,
Trent
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
Are you talking about a memorised deck ? If so then which one ? The tricks you can do will depend on which stack you are using.

Also. Are you allowing for the stack to be broken and then reassembled during the trick ?

Andy
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't do anything with a memdeck, but after watching Bill Malone's routine on his new DVDs I just might! This looks really spectacular. And to a layman, I can't even imagine what they must be thinking. I really thought this would destroy the stack, but it actually resets as you conclude! For his routine, he uses Aronson's stack, but you could use any stack, memorized, cyclical mnemonic; whatever. You could even just shuffle up a deck and memorize them in that order and do it.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1398 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Now I'm interested. I love using the stack. Always slays...
Trent Hardcore
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Trent Hardcore
Jennings, it's not a memorised deck. It's a 26 card stack which is setup for a later routine. I would like to perform some other effects before I start using. I get into this stack as part of another effect so would like to distance its use a little.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
There are many effects in Simon Aronson's Book Try the Impossible which will leave the stack intact. Here's the link to the book:
https://loomismagic.com/item4330.htm

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
With a Memdeck, Weighing the Cards doesn't alter the stack.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Theoretically, keeping a stack of 26 shouldn't be a problem. You could probably even design an ACR that wouldn't disturb the block. If you've got two red or black matching face-cards that aren't in the block, you could probably do a sandwich effect as well.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks that don't alter stacks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL