We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Misdirection book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rkrahlmann
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of rkrahlmann
Any opinions out there on the best book devoted to the subject of misdirection? I've heard Fitzkee mentioned, but, from what I've seen, it also seems to be in the beginner catagory. Not that this is a bad thing--it still may be the best.
Martin Joyal
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Martin Joyal
"Leading with Your Head" by Gary Kurtz is an excellent work on the subject.

Martin
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I have to agree with Martin. I just re-read the 39 page comb-bound booklet. It's an excellent source to get the most from your presentations. Some topics covered:

Space and staging/ where your hands should be in relation to your body as well as your spectators.. The Open Position/ holding props well away from the body.. Active and Relaxed States/ The Off Beat/ an unexpected twist that throws them off track...Priority of Actions/ Strong vs Weak Movements... Psychological Techniques such as the Nod Technique ... Affirmation and Distortion of Memory.

This book is well worth your consideration and a must read for anyone who wants the most from their magic.

Other books to consider: Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz.. The Books of Wonder by Tommy Wonder to name just a very few.
David Paul
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Misdirection book (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL