The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outlaw Effects Products...(long) (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I've only ordered a couple of times from Outlaw. Additionally, I did not order any of their more expensive items (I ordered a couple of their Luna books and the Hobbs deck, for example). Unlike many of the reports in this thread, I did indeed receive the items for which I've paid. They did, however, take quite some time to arrive and I indeed found myself frequently emailing prods to inquire as to the progress of my orders. My case, thus, is one of those "Not a horror story" events, but annoying enough to prefer to purchase a used item instead of directly from the shop. I wonder, however, if the cases in which items have not been delivered at all are more consistent with the more expensive items rather than the smaller, less expensive ones.

Tango, I do indeed hope that you get your box in time. In either case, I applaud your wisdom in pursuing a contingency plan.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, professortango wrote:
Rick maintains he will be sending me my Hobbs box I recently ordered. It was ready to ship last week from Kentucky, but they had a bad snowstorm. He said it will ship today hopefully. I hope he's telling the truth, but then again, with the stories on here, I went and ordered a Bell from Hell from Nick Wenger to ensure I had a spirit bell in time. So, I might have purchased two expensive and similar products, or Rick might be stringing me along and I'll just take my dispute with PayPal.

On Jan 2nd, 2018, I messaged Rick's builder in Kentucky (who is in the process of quitting Outlaw), I sent him your name and asked about your order, it turns out Rick never placed an order for your Hobbs box with him.

Rick's builder (Dr X) and I both agree it would be best if you were to file a paypal dispute before time runs out and get your money back.

Tim Wisseman
mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
Fairfax
57 Posts

Profile of mrjinglesusa
Ugh. Probably should have searched before I placed an order. Just a couple small things totaling $85 but now I’m worried. Have yet to get any kind of order confirmation from Outlaw.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Correction to my above post, I have the date wrong, I messaged Dr X on Feb 2nd it should read:

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, professortango wrote:
Rick maintains he will be sending me my Hobbs box I recently ordered. It was ready to ship last week from Kentucky, but they had a bad snowstorm. He said it will ship today hopefully. I hope he's telling the truth, but then again, with the stories on here, I went and ordered a Bell from Hell from Nick Wenger to ensure I had a spirit bell in time. So, I might have purchased two expensive and similar products, or Rick might be stringing me along and I'll just take my dispute with PayPal.

On Feb 2nd, 2018, I messaged Rick's builder in Kentucky (who is in the process of quitting Outlaw), I sent him your name and asked about your order, it turns out Rick never placed an order for your Hobbs box with him.

Rick's builder (Dr X) and I both agree it would be best if you were to file a paypal dispute before time runs out and get your money back.

Tim Wisseman
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2018, mrjinglesusa wrote:
Ugh. Probably should have searched before I placed an order. Just a couple small things totaling $85 but now I’m worried. Have yet to get any kind of order confirmation from Outlaw.

Couldn't hurt to reach out to confirm the order - but no matter what he says, if you don't have product in hand by the cut off date for reporting the transaction (whatever that may be for you), I advise filing a dispute.

I exclusively use PayPal for magic purchases for this protection, though I've rarely had to use it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
Yeah, I sent Rick an email Friday Feb 2nd stating that, according to him, the prop was ready to ship Monday Jan 22nd. Then by the 26th. Then definitely by the 29th. All this for me to find out that the order hasn't even been placed with the builder. I disputed through paypal and I can move on with my life now.

I will also say, the pictures on the site changed for The Hobbs Box. The newer versions on the site don't have the same "real" look at the previous ones. They might work just as well, I'll never know, but they look like a stained craft box with not so hidden panels. Its sad because I have recently discovered this area of magic and so far have come across the Lebanon Circle, which doesn't seem to really be building anymore, and Outlaw, which has severe issues. Wish I had found these places 5 years ago.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
In many cases you can purchase props like this directly from the builders. Folks like Tim (cocomax) here - amazing craftsmanship, very deceptive workings, etc.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
Definitely. Its a new world for me and I see many purchases in my future as I move away from more traditional magic to the bizarre.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Lebanon Circle and Gemini Artifacts are two more excellent creators/vendors.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I'll be another one who recommends Tim Wisseman! His work is UNMATCHED!

Doug
mzgrisham
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mzgrisham
I had recently purchased an item from Ricks website and after three weeks of hounding him, the item was finally shipped from Chris Sipes in Louisville, Kentucky. The item was significantly different than advertised on Ricks site. The witch box I received was very poor quality and looked nothing like the items on the site. The "new" coil system worked nothing like the my old hobbs box, and the box was also damaged in shipping. I sent the item back to Rick (technically Chris) in Louisville, KY, after being promised a refund. That was over a week now and Rick is still making up excuses of why he cannot send a refund. First it was that he had to get $250 back from Chris that he "paid" him to make the box, then it was that he needed to wait until an order comes in so that he has the money, then he was waiting for the bank transfer through paypal.

Rick (Outlaw-Effects) and Chris (MagicArtifacts.com) seem to have a nice racket going on currently trying to sell the hope of magic rather than the actual delivery of promises.
Magifu
View Profile
New user
Rich
2 Posts

Profile of Magifu
Outlaw Effects HeadsUp: The owner of Outlaw effects has scammed me out of $600 for placing an order For a Spirit Magnus. Order was placed on Dec 7, 2017 and promised delivery of from 7 to 10 days. After 68 days, with constant on going delays from owner I requested a full refund and the owner said no problem will send refund immediately. The owner promised on at least 5 occasions that same thing. On one occasion, a Sunday he told me he submitted a full refund via Paypal. On the following Tuesday I still did not receive funds. He said well I submitted on a Sunday you need to wait for it to process. I contacted Paypal asking it the owner submitted any funds to me. I received a message back no. This has continued up to o2/21/2018 and never received my money back. The authorities have been notified and I suspect that the owner is or soon will be in trouble. I noticed recent customers have had the same problem. Owner takes the money and runs.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
The last Spirit Magnus made was a combined effort of Karl Feret and myself (Tim Wisseman) and that was over 2 years ago. The picture of the Spirit Magnus on the Outlaw site was built by Karl. Dr X (Chris T Sipes) is no longer building for Outlaw. I can find no evidence of any one new building the high end things for Outlaw.

I can not find any evidence that Outlaw can deliver any of the high end items they are selling.

If he was actually selling the Spirit Magnus he would have pictures of the new version of it up on the web site.

If he was actually selling the Spirit Magnus he would have shipped it in a timely manor.

He tells customers that he has a team of 5 new builders working for him and yet he can not display even a single photo of the handy work of this new team.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Why do people not file a Paypal dispute when he - or anyone - does not deliver? Set a reasonable time frame and when that expires, file a dispute and get your money back.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I am disgusted. I see this more and more. Hank Lee was my first shocker. I've known him since the seventies. Then...JAIL. Others have fallen as well. Maybe not so dramatically, but still...

I am ducking disfusted. I have a whole list of stuff I dreamed of getting from Outlaw. Etherica is one. Other stuff as well. I did get the Luna series. As flawed as it is, I can still perform it. The light at the end, is that Tim and company STILL exist and manufacture! So there IS hope...

Doug
jedburg
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jedburg
I'll have to add my name to the list of people who haven't received anything from Outlaw. Didn't know about the PayPal option unfortunately. Does anyone have any idea who his builder is for the Lucifer coin? I ordered a set of three and like many of you have consistently gotten the run around from him.
magicvincent
View Profile
New user
Toronto
33 Posts

Profile of magicvincent
In case anyone has not heard, another trusted builder, Nick Wenger is MIA. I bought an expensive item from him. I had a problem and needed something fixed. He said send it and he will fix and send it back, After a ton of emails, texts and calls, he is no longer responding, I never got it and I have a useless box I paid a lot of money for. Warning. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NICK WENGER!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, magicvincent wrote:
In case anyone has not heard, another trusted builder, Nick Wenger is MIA. I bought an expensive item from him. I had a problem and needed something fixed. He said send it and he will fix and send it back, After a ton of emails, texts and calls, he is no longer responding, I never got it and I have a useless box I paid a lot of money for. Warning. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NICK WENGER!

I don't know any of the details or if it's even true but I had heard he was very ill recently. It's always wise to use PayPal and file timely disputes.
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
244 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
It's a real shame hearing people haven't received their orders.

I have made a couple of smaller orders from outlaw and received them, lucky for me by the sounds of it.

It's a shame because I always liked the look of the Ouija boards on the outlaw site, I was actually just about to have another look and perhaps buy one and stumbled across this thread.

Oh well, a dollar saved is a dollar earned..
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It appears the outlaw-effects.com website is gone. I just get a note from the web host stating the site is "suspended".

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outlaw Effects Products...(long) (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL