The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2007 entrée: Marc DeSouza » » Favorite Books and Videos/DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Hi Marc,

Great to see you here on the Café!

Which are your five favorite books and five favorite videos/DVDs in magic and briefly state why?

Thanks.

Ken
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi Ken,

I've already mentioned my five favorite books on another part of the forum, but I will restate them here, in no particular order...
Stars of Magic - Any performer could earn a living from the magic in this book alone.
Classic Secrets of Magic by Bruce Elliott - My bible in my teenage years. I learned and performed every effect in this book except one...can you name it?
Amateur Magician's Handbook by Henry Hay - Just a great compendium of all kinds of magic that is well taught.
Books of Wonder by Tommy Wonder - Magic of a genius level...God is in the details and by God the details sure are here.
DeSouza's DeCeptions...ok that last one's a cheat, but it has more magic in it that I actually use than any other book.
OK, let's go with John Carney's Secrets - Great magic and great theory

Top DVD's is a toughy as several are multiple sets...
The Tommy Wonder set - the most brilliant magical talent of my generation.
Coin One by Homer Liwag - the routine is great, but mostly for the production values
The New York Coin Magic disks - Just an incredible load of great coin magic here, by some of the best of today's generation of magicians
The Johnny Thompson Disks - Any magician could make a career with this material only.
The John Carney Secrets disks - I think John is the single finest performer of classic magic today
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Quote:
On 2007-12-10 22:51, Marc DeSouza wrote: Classic Secrets of Magic by Bruce Elliott - My bible in my teenage years. I learned and performed every effect in this book except one...can you name it?
Corncobs.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
You got it RiffRaff!

Marc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2007 entrée: Marc DeSouza » » Favorite Books and Videos/DVDs » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL