The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rubber Bird vs Rubber Bird (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
I need to start thinking about buying a couple of fake birds.

It's over 100 miles one way to our nearest magic store, so I buy most of my magic via the internet, or build my own.

If someone who has seen the It's Alive Latex Dove, and the Nelsen Latex Dove could share thier opinion I'd be grateful!

I've never gotten a bad product from Norm Neilsen Magic, but from the photos I've seen the It's Alive Dove looks better.

Maybe my friend Dave might know?

Thank You & Good Magic
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Well,thanks for the vote of confidence but I cannot compare the two. I have never seen the "It's Alive Dove" but I do own several Norm Nielson doves. All I can say is that they look almost real and for what I use them for, they always pass as the real thing. My web site has a picture of me doing the dove through glass with the Nielson dove if you want to take a look.
Where the magic begins
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
It's Alive looks GREAT!!! I have been in need of a few new rubbers myself (birds that is). I plan to purchase the It's Alive. Been happy with the Nielsen doves in the past, but the It's Alive looks much better (judging by the photos I have seen).
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Dear kingsnqueens

It's Alive looks a little better than the version from Nielsen... BUT it is very, very soft... comparing both, Nielsen is easier to handle because it is a little stiffer but compresses equally good as well.

If you can afford it, the BEST version is by OWEN MAGIC SUPREME... the rubber doves cost USD $75.00, almost double the price of the above 2... but it looks very realistic & even comes with the dove feet... PERFECT!

Hope this helps!
dove-boy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rubber Bird vs Rubber Bird (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL