The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Killer Red Caps. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
A whole lot of magicians proving the Peter Principle.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Curiousity has gotten the best of me. No trick as horrible as some claim this one to be could elicit this much attention. I have been hearing about this effect continuously since I got back into magic 3 years ago. Just bought it used on here so I guess I'll find out soon how this alleged troll of a trick gets so much attention.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Much as I hate to say it but ...most magicians prove the Peter Principle the moment their magic leaves the sanctity of their living room.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
710 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Can someone please tell me what on earth is the 'Peter Principle'?!!

Andy.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
No one knows............................
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
OK, people will rise or sink to the level of their abilities.

Or as it has been explained for many years, rise to the level of their incompetence.

Tony
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Ok, I've practiced Killer Red Kaps and put it in practice I feel it's a pretty good effect. It really takes some practice in different conditions to maximize one's proficiency at it and to make it entertaining. Performing it for various spectators I have gotten responses varying from moderate puzzlement to astonishment. I have only failed in the reveal a couple times
and when I did I changed the conditions slightly and it only seemed to validate my abilities when I did later prove to be proficient. I can see where some people will get this and some will not. Those people looking to pull it out of the pack, spend one hour on it and then amaze people...will likely be very disappointed.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you John.
EpAdrAp
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of EpAdrAp
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 14:18, vmendoza wrote:
A whole lot of magicians proving the Peter Principle.

vmendoza:

I am glad to see you have found your performance comfort level in KRC.

Regards,
Ep
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
508 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Under the right conditions and with a practiced eye, this effect will be applicable for some; though I expect that the the vast majority of those who purchase this effect will never use it.

I bought it a couple of years ago, played with it a bit but never put it into any of my shows or performances. Shortly after opening the effect, I put it back in its packaging and placed it in a drawer - where it remains.
This is not something I can apply to any of my performances. Sure wish I could get that money back and apply it to another effect. ...And I don't say that often.
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
393 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Thank you magiccafe for saving me 10 bucks! This is why I LOVE tha magiccafe. And you know what kind of ticks me off? I think this got a great review in Magic Magazine. Thank goodness for a resource where 100's of magicians can weigh in on a product. We are very lucky when it comes to this facet of magic life.

[It's these times that I usually donate something to the Café. If the Café has saved you some money on purchasing something- or if it has taught you something invaluable. How about throwing a couple of bucks their way? Just an idea.
Thanks,
MagicOne
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Peter principle, get the book. The shop manager who ends up running everyone's tools is a prime example.

KRC I used to sell a lot of them and that was after telling the buyer that I didn't like it and even showing them a demo. I guess a part of the theatrical experiance is having good lighting, lol.

Go figure.
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Killer Red Caps is that the same effect as the "Psycho Caps" and if yes does it use the same principle ?

Conjurana
LanSy
View Profile
New user
France
3 Posts

Profile of LanSy
Hello,
Can't find it.
Anyone wanting to sell it to me ?
=|:O8
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1540 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
It's in Will Dexter's book Feature Magic for Mentalists.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Killer Red Caps. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL