The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Paul Harris Presents Flow » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Here is another one of Jasons great posts from a previous page. It may help shed some light why certain people are going out of their way to make this effect look bad:

Quote:
On 2008-01-29 11:31, Jason Messina wrote:
Hello All,
This will be quick to clear a few points up....

1. There is a fairly active user on here who has a personal issue with someone involved in this effect. As a result he has sent out at least one of his buddies to take pot shots at the effect through thinly veiled questions. According to some of your responses, it's pretty obvious who they are...

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Not Intirely Correct Killer Vampire.
Does that make sense to anyone?

Coin flow is awesome, Dan these effects are so great you should own the rights to all bottle tricks past and present. I got this killer one with an ungimmicked signed raisin that melts through a sealed bottle, did I mention that it can be a borrowed raisin.
P3
practice practice perform.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I have enjoyed Flow, the gimmick easily fits into a close up case or a pocket therefore making it practical.
Yes there is a little set up but so is there with other effects.

The questions are, is the effect worth it, are the reactions strong? Well the answers to those questions will differ from performer to performer but in my experience the effect is worth it, you are altering the laws of physics and not doing another card trick, coins across or vanishing hanky..

The reactions are great, you are doing something totally different, something they can look at inches away, you don't handle the bottle and in the right environment will astound even the hardest sceptic.

Imagine if you will that you are in a corridor, doors either side of you, one doorway leads to a guy doing great cards tricks, the other leads to a guy controlling physics and suspending water without going near a bottle upturned by a spectator.. Which room would you go in?

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Floating card effects defy the laws of gravity too! Smile

Quote:
On 2008-06-02 18:05, ted french wrote:
can be a borrowed raisin.

Raisin?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes I know it's pretty unbelievable, but it can be a completely ungimmicked signed borrowed raisin. I have been told from others who are testing the method that it will work with walnuts, but I do think it can be a borrowed walnut.
P3
practice practice perform.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
As Marc Spelmann said what room would you go in, someone who performes great card tricks or someone whos controlling physics and suspending water without going near a bottle.

Its great to do something different, almost everyone has seen card tricks and they knows that it is just tricks, while it its entertaining its not as amazing as controlling physics.
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Personally, since Supercooling and the Snow Bonus here both require preparation, I'd stick with the old supercooling method if I was to do any kind of trans effect of this type. I don't see why I would resort to gimmicks on top of prep for something like that.
Plus, you can safely drink from the bottle with supercooling proving it really is ice which truly is the 'icing' on the cake.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
From what I know of the supercooling effect, it is very iffy and conditions have to be really perfect to make this happen with any consistent results. Snow Flow works all the time!

Best,
Jason Messina
The Astonishment Project
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Well from what I understand you can't consume snow flow, can you?
If it's not real ice, it's just something that wouldn't peak my interest to use on a person.
Working tending bar, people are drinking. On a hot summer day, I'd also like to produce something that would benefit my audience when I can.

In my magic routines when I claim I can do something, I really want to do it.
If I say POW it's ice, I want ice to appear, not anything else.
The spectator can even taste the beverage BEFORE you magically make it transform with the classic supercooling.

What I do works great! You see, feel, and even TASTE everything.
It's fairly simply.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1lH-8-K3zUk&feature=related
No gimmicks to buy, Real Ice!

Nothing extra to buy and the audience members can enjoy the cool beverage you just produced right before their eyes, slowly.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Can't see how snow flow would work all the time considering the limitations (heat, leakage, etc).
Nothing like the real thing if you ask me and it works great with plastic bottles easily too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZehdMtgk-yQ
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Man, I put a little yellow food coloring in the snow powder just so they won't be tempted to eat the snow...
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Supercooling is great! The small gimmick (a freezer) fits right in your back pocket and suprisingly takes up very little pocket space! I also love the short amount of prep time this takes! The 3-5 hrs at just the right tempurature with perfect timing flys by. I can actually set this up right in front of a spectator with the right misdirection!

But really, it is a great effect that if you are in the right place with access to a freezer and 3-5 hours to prep for it then go for it. And while it would be great for them to taste the beer/water after its frozen inside the bottle, the fact that its frozen inside the bottle makes this very difficult if not impossible! Unless I want to wait another hour for it to thaw out, in which case you have all the time in the world to switch the bottle for a "drinkable" one.

I personally feel that the effect is over once the liquid is seen to freeze, and Snow Flow provides that with a practical method that can be done anywhere at anytime. Keep in mind that this is only a bonus effect that doesn't even scratch the surface of what is possible with the flow principle.
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 13:41, Robertson wrote:
(a freezer)

From what I read a page or two back that is exactly what is suggested to do in the dvd.
If you are going to use a freezer, no need for artifical gimmicks, escpecially ones containg toxins in restaurants where you eat and drink food that eventually gets digested.
I would never use any trace of any toxin in a public eatery ever.

And by the way, simple supercooling doesn't take an hour to thaw.
Actually it creates a natural slush.

Quote:
On 2008-06-04 22:34, tian_ci wrote:
Man, I put a little yellow food coloring in the snow powder just so they won't be tempted to eat the snow...

I know you are joking here.
That would be even another unessecary gimmick added to produce something artifical.
I definitely would not go that route. The idea of going somewhere to prep a bottle (especially a bathroom) then coming out with liquid in the bottle is strange enough, for it to be yellow too, umm no.

Something artifical versus something genuine is a no brainer for me.
I didn't like how the girl in the video just dumped the fake snow on the street.
Real ice evaporates, but a substance like that that just sits there in globs could very well cost you a ticket for littering in some townships.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Robertson,

Anytime you are relying on gimmicks, and in this case two gimmicks you are not doing an anytime/anywhere effect.

This clearly is not 100% impromptu.
Xemm
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Xemm
Can the gimmick made by our own?
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
Hell no
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I am from germany. it is always a pain to get refills for certain things, notonly because the name is different so salesmen often don't know what I want ( I still need rubber cement which noone knows what it is) and for the flow effect I'd love to get 3 or 4 "packs" of the gimmick that I do not need to rebuy them in near future. maybe even 5 packets. would you be so nice offering the exact stuff you are using for flow as refills? if not which would be really a pitty. is any user so nice and would buy me a bunch of them and send them to me to germany? I would pay with paypal.

thanks so much,

Markus
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Noone?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Well...I have found the gimmick in many convenience stores in the U.S. I am also sure you will have no problem finding it in Germany. Go ahead and purchase Flow and enjoy. Just be careful with the chemicals. Though, please PM me if you have any questions.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2008-06-10 22:46, DVLKCC wrote:
Well...I have found the gimmick in many convenience stores in the U.S. I am also sure you will have no problem finding it in Germany. Go ahead and purchase Flow and enjoy. Just be careful with the chemicals. Though, please PM me if you have any questions.

I don't need to purchase it anymore. I just need refills that's all. and you can believe me when I say its hard as hell to find certain refills in germany. like is said I still have not found rubber cement. so I am not sure wehather I will find the gimmick for flow here. I am also unsure if there is any difference in terms of qulaity and strength of the gimmick. if one brand holds better than the other. you know what I mean? and of course I will need clear stuff and not colored one.
that's why I asked if the makers will offer the exact stuff as refills. and it should only cost 2-3 dollar I think. I would highly appricate that. though it seems the makers won't have a look in here anymore Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Paul Harris Presents Flow » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL