The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest gag wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I am in a wand rut . . . I didn't think the feather duster wand, the snake wand, and the fishingpole wand are that funny. Anyone got some good ones that might be a little more obscure, but commercially available (or constructable)? For example, does anyone know where to get the zebra wand? The breakaway and nested are funny. Are those the standard? What other ones do you use?
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How are you presenting the wands that you have.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
As someone who REGULARLY fails to get laughs from the popsy topsy wand, I can safely say that it is the magician who makes the wand funny, not the other way around. However, I have used and have good luck with

Wand To Snake
Spring Wand
Wobbly Wand
Ten Foot Wand
Breakaway Wand
Magic Blonde (me...i'm blonde and magic)
Wooley wand
Sock wand
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
My favorite wand to date is the "Wand to Cane"!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php......temid=26

re zebra:This product has a striped wand among others

I think my favourite wand is the silly wand.

I have a wand to feather duster that I've used for years that I much prefer to the duster wand. I adapted it from supreme's wand to flowers.

Marvin's magic do a neat wand for a couple of quid.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Magicgeorge,

That one is pretty cool but a bit expensive for me.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Giant Wand on one end (which is what the audeince sees when it is sticking end up out of a miniature stand up/knitting type bag on your table. Then, when you pick it up out of the bag,you flip it around showing it's other end to be a real hammer and yo use it to "destroy" someone's cell phone or watch (really a duplicate dummy phone or watch) that is waiting inside a Rip/Zip type bag (a la Baxt's Cell phone surprise routine)..

The hammer on the other end of the giant want gets a real laugh.
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2573 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Jerry Sadowitz published a routine with a load of wands in an early issue of the Crimp magazine and I remember seeing him do it on his BBC2 TV show 'The Pallbearers Review'.

Be warned though Jerry's stuff is not for everyone and certainly not for the kids.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
Warren Stephens had about a dozen different (maybe more) comedy wands. Chalet Magic got the rights to manufacture them when Warren passed away, but I don't think Chalet has done anything with them yet.

Warren did a pile of lectures. There must be Notes on them somewhere.

Good luck!

Dan Wolfe, aka. "The Amazing EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Trevor Lewis' Wistful Wand is a guaranteed laugh getter. I also always use the nesting wands in my shows. I like the plastic roll up ones.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Marcomagia
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Marcomagia
I use toilet brush! It give good smile:)
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I love the wand that consists of a long cloth tube (this one's an original from Supreme Magic) with a 260 balloon inside. Looks hilarious as it is, wobbling back and forth as you wave it, BUT, I have a method for S L O W deflation after you hand it to the spectator. They end up with nothing more than a very limp, flat wand made of cloth! You, of course, haven't noticed the deflation process.

Steve
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Steve,I would be interested in the workings of the slow deflation if you are willing to share. If not publicly, perhaps a PM and we could trade ideas.
I have just seen this advertised again from Albion magic.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
PMed you!

Steve
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I just added the Flipple Tipple wand and really like that one. It has "breakaway" ends, but you can restore them one-handed, do them on both ends at different times, and is less work resetting than the breakaway. I haven't used it in any shows, but it is going to be my new favorite.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I just bought the Flipple Tipple wand also from Joe Leffler, very clever. http://www.wearefun.com/catalog/product_......3326da6a
mrmagic9112
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of mrmagic9112
I use the bigger wands from creative magic and the audience loves them! The kids go crazy! Give them a try!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I started using the Biggger Wands from Creative; great response from kids (and parents)....BUT A SEVERE WARNING!!!!.....they are contagious.....

So, I just ordered (and received today) the BIGGEST WAND (12ft)! http://www.creativemagic.net/kids/biggestwand.htm

Can't wait to close with this one...plan on using the theme from Jaws when I bring it from behind the curtain, allowing the tip to show above the curtain, as I drag it back and forth (like a shark fin) before bringing it out completely. also thought about theme from 2001 (Strauss: Also Sprach Zarathursta), but fewer people would get the monolith reference!
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I love comedy wands and use about 6 in each performance. I don't spend much time on them with the exception of "Bigger Wands" as I have a full routine around those big boys.

In my routine I need a helper to assist me with a trick I fouled up. My assistant arrives and I give him/her the following:

Break-away wand - 3 different holds (End, center and vertical)
Break-Away fan
Fishing-Pole wand
Multiplying wand
A real normal wand
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have a Warren Stephens wand that I use all the time.

It works by gravity and is made of rubber with metal tips.

Also Warren Stephens Spider Wand is a hoot too.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest gag wands (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL