The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out ... Peter Loughran's MAGIC GREMLINS IN A BOX (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I don't think its a card trick at all. its a grimlin trick, cards are only used to show off their mad grimlin skills, presented proporly I know a audience would pick that up as well. it can also be programmed to do other things as well it seems

I'm not sure when ill have it but id really like to get this one of these days I'm right there with jim. this and deans triangle
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I don't know why, but I really really like it. Has lotz of possibilities for fun, I'm getting one for sure!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Guys, thanks for feedback!

Its a nice change to work on a comical illusion.

To help answer some questions-

Scott, these are built on order. They are all hand made and hand assembled. They take a long time to put together because of all the small parts and tedious work involved. Its a lot of work dealing with all the electronics and gizmos in such a small confined space, that there is no other way but to do all of this by hand. But the good news is they are constantly going through quality control through each phase of the assembly, while testing everything as it is put together and from OUR shop. The parts are very expensive so we are not going to be stockng these, instead they are built on order and at the moment since we expect a rush(albeit even a small one) with this launch we have quoted 7-14 days for turnaround time and then shipping. So when you place your order we will start to build it and the expect it to ship in 1-2 weeks, and then its at your door step.

futureal- This doesn't have to be a card trick at all. Because the prop is very versatile it can made to animate other objects. You do a ball prediction such as that of snake baskets. Force a colored ball out of say 3 colours, drop the balls in the box and have the chosen one pop right out of the box on to the table.

If you don't like that, you could do a spirit(or gremlin) writting effect, etc. It doesn't have to involve cards at all. That demo was just a standard routine I devised, but I am sure many of you would change the routine to fit your own custom and specific requirements as a performer.

dking66-The colour of the glow within the box is easily changed to most colors of the rainbow. And since they are built on order, we would take custom requests on color changes at no extra charge, or you can simply do it yourself after you get the prop.

If we sell enough of these to start, I plan on offering an accessory pack with different props and sight gags to use with the illusion, for example instead of the Sharpie, a White flag pops up as they surrender after acting up earlier on in the routine, or another example of a prop would be some Gremlin Food that resembles a small fishflakes container with an authentic gremlin good label on it, and to start the effect you must first feed the gremlins and once you sprinkle in a few flakes the box goes crazy like they are having a feeding frenzy inside. I don't want to give away all the props we have in mind for the accessory pack but just want to let you know there really is a lot of possibilities with this prop.

While I have only tested this in front of a small audiences and for family and friends, I must say, it got great reactions everytime, kids were oohing and ahhing, adults were laughing and seemed to always have a smile on their face as they watched box animate all by itself. Also eyes bug out when the card pops up for the first time by itself, like the thought I would reach in and grab a card, instead it comes up by itself. And I must admit half the fun of this is trying practicing with it, you begin to feel you actually have little assistants inside the box.

You could also change the sticker to like Tim suggested-Fleas or what have you. That would easy enough for one to do. And if you wanted, you can ask me to keep the label off for you, and I'll just let you put it on if you want to so you can try your own labels if you wanted first, that's no big deal either.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
I was thinking about the sponge ball bunnies dyed green to go into this somehow as a finisher or kicker ending where the radioactive bunnies escape, almost like that old snake springing out of a can joke. Seriously...time to start saving up for this because the ideas don't stop by any stretch of the imagination with what you started here Peter =)

--Jim
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
This does look good. My only problem is that for kid shows, it would be better to program to do something besides find the card (already have snake basket and puppet and Martin Lewis Signature Card Rise, etc.). I suppose if it is sufficiently programmable, then this would not be an obstacle to creating your own routines . . .
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Brilliant Peter! I love this.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
My only question is how hard would it be to place the electronics in a new box after the original gets worn?

Ron
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
How long before the accessory pack will be available Pete?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Peter, I know I bug you every single time...can you upload to youtube...I can't view windows media.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Ron, the box fiber is made of industrial packing grade, so(I know this sounds funny) but its strong cardboard. Also these boxes are custom made by us, and the sides are reinforced and its glued together completely to the edge of the seams to prevent corners from peeling up etc, and is compounded with a very strong thick adheisive. The box is durable, and as long as you are treating it normally it should outlast any performer's career. Just keep it stored in a seperate box by itself when travelling.

However if you are spilling coffee on it, or it is simply tossed in a box, with other equipment thrown on top etc, then parts of the box could get damaged. But as long as you put inside its own box and handle it normally, you should never have to replace the box. However I must the older and more worn it appears the better since it is supposed to be vintage. In the unlikely event the box ever did need replacing Im sure we could help you by replacing it for you for a minimal charge. But the electronics are housed in their own protective casing and can be ported to a different box.

takeachance, I haven't put the accessory kits together yet, so I don't have a time on that, but have started planing them out.

Mrbill, I will see what I can do for you tomorrow and get it up on youtube for you my friend. I think hocus-pocus has a demo of it on their site now, is it windows media aswell? If not, maybe you can watch it there.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 19:56, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
Peter, I know I bug you every single time...can you upload to youtube...I can't view windows media.

Hi Bill,

What format would you like? I'll convert it and email it to you.

Best,

Tim
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Wow Tim ROCKS!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hi Peter, that box trick looks great. Congratulations!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Peter,

Excellent stuff! I must admit, I found myself smiling in complete amusement, with a proper script to go with this, it's a good solid 7-10 minutes of an act!

Plus, you can cram more than just one effect into this. I mean, you can REALLY milk this.

Really awesome stuff Peter!

For those who have Bill Abbott's The Thing, it might be pretty cool to use it in conjunction with this, but then you'd have to say that the box contained spirits instead of gremlins. Paste a Ghostbusters sticker on the box perhaps?

Since you can program this, you can play it to music and cause the box to stop shaking once 'The Thing' emerges in the cloth and then you can time the program to start shaking again when 'The Thing' goes back in.

You can LITERALLY centre your whole act around this prop!

Congrats Peter!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Nice thinking Logan!

I can also see some nice connections with Entity....once you recover the marker, place it on the other side of the table and the gremlins/ghosts pull it back towards the box when your back is turned...

Or perhaps with Rainmaker...get those little guys excited and you might get sprayed (like from a skunk) or their mood impacts the weather?

Ok...need to get the bills payed down from the holidays, and then my order will be going in

(nice think about buying high-tech stuff from Peter is that you KNOW IT WORKS based on his terrific track record!)

Personally, probably won't "jazz it up" too much -- can see this being a wonderful bit to perform just sitting at the edge of the stage, with your feet dangling off. Just telling the story about these guys, and then inviting the audience into your little "fantasy world" will make this a wonderfully memorable experience
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
What is the saying. Keep it simple. Peter has everything you need for an act in this one. Just go with what comes with the prop and with some good scripting you have yourself a funny a@s act, plus Peter already hands over scripting for this effect. When do you get a prop with a ready script for you to start with. Now that is bonus if you ask me.

Laters all
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I, as well, really like this. I suppose it's possible to have the gremlins write anything on a blank card, such as a word from a book test? After making a few wrong guesses, you could pull out the box and have the gremlins finish the routine for you? Does this come with any kind of waranty? I usually stay away from high tech effects. Has this been tested for any length of time for dependability?
Thanks, Peter, for any help you can give.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
What lighting is necessary to appreciate the light?
Do other colors show better?
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
AVI MPG work well for me. Windows Media just doesn't work on my computer. I keep trying to upload the player but it won't take.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Check out ... Peter Loughran's MAGIC GREMLINS IN A BOX (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL