The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
If one works with Troys routines ie 3fly and coins through table, or would I be better off with a standard one. I was thinking of getting a soft Morgan dollar one! Is there any disadvantages with the dollar size for these routines. Also, does the Gravity have to be tossed to spring shut.

I have done a search here on the Café but all I found were older posts and they did not answer my queries.

Thanks

Blade.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Blade,
What specific routines, of Troy's, are you alluding to? His material from his book, Destroyers. His material from Silver Surf 2? Or some of his material from his DVD's?

In general, what I have found, is that I personally use and prefer the gavity flipper. I have a Schoolcraft Walking Liberty. I prefer the ease of opening this gaff, while in the midst of the routine. It also slams shut on command. I've never personally had any difficulties using this particular version of this gaffed coin.

However, I have been disappointed with my Johnson 50 cent flipper, my Tango Eisenhower flipper etc. I have had to make adjustments, as per bands, to get these gaffs to behave. I have never had to alter my Schoolcraft flipper. It works every time. My suggestion to you is to buy a quality gravity flipper coin from the best coins guys in the business. It will work for every coin routine, standard vs gravity, that is out there. It's the best of both worlds. You won't be frustrated or disappointed.

Jim
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Hi jimmyj, I have Troys Total Destruction's vol 1 and 2 , I already have a Deans set in soft Morgans from Jamie, but I was thinking of adding a Morgan gravity to it.

But I wanted to make sure it would work fine for the Troy stuff before I decided on getting it, just in case the gravity flipper had any flaws, if you understand me.

Best

Blade.

PS Does anyone who has this in dollar versions? Could you also let me know if this would work the same. i.e weight of the silver dollar coin does it fall open too easy.

Cheers.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Blade, you will be perfectly fine with a gravity flipper, if not better. After purchasing a gravity I NEVER went back to the standard ones. These are very easy to open and you can toss them freely without having to worry about it opening. The old standard one I had was just hard to open.

Also, these will close shut when you throw them or on your command. Tory's routines will work better with the gravity in my opinion. No need to struggle with the opening.

Also, not sure if this will help or not but I was told that you should order everything you will order at once so Jamie can make sure everything fits perfectly. I would send him the set so he can make sure it will nest perfectly with the shell as well just inc case you need it for other routines. Hope this helps.

Art
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1524 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
If you have a "deans set" you'll have to get the gravity flipper shaved down and remilled to fit the shell in the "deans set". It'll probably cost you an arm and a leg. Well....you already bought a dean's set, so money must not be an issue Smile
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Cheers guys ,i think I'm gonna order them in halves and a Deans set also , so I'll have them altogether.

I have been toying with the idea about a gravity in dollars but I think I will go with Halves as I think I will be happier with the size for now lol.

No point in me sending the deans set in dollars as I have wanted a full set in halves for a while so I might as well get the gravity flipper and see what its like with the deans set in halves.

Cheers

Blade.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
Also keep in mind that a 3 coin nest/ Double Shell Gimmick, in certain routines and applications makes the flipper coin look like it's standing still; if you get my drift. For instance:

A Flipper and an Expanded Shell collapse into a single coin.

A 3 coin nest/ Double Shell gimmick, like a Triple Threat or 3CM does the same thing, yet a lot cleaner. And no messy rubber bands or glue to play with.

Jim
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Magicblademan - Regarding the "Dean's Set", if you go to Jamie's website your questions will be answered. http://www.coingaffs.com/flipper_folding_deans.htm

This is from Jamie's website and should answer your question.

"...The Dean's Set Flippers work, look, and act the same as my standard Schoolcraft Flipper with one change. The outside diameter of the flipper has been reduced so that it will fit perfectly inside the Dean's Set Shell..."
Maritess
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Maritess
What an incredibly helpful discussion. I've been trying to ween myself off of the ungimmicked 3-fly and looking into the gimmicks. great opinions. Thanks everyone!
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Yep I have made my choice and gone for a deans set and grav F...... in walking liberty's .Some times it's best to ask about so it gives you a few ideas.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
You made a good choice going with that set. Have fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Flipper question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL