The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » "And that animal went to a fancy dress shop..." (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Does anybody know where the line about the dog going to a fancy dress shop (usually used when you can't make the animal they named) come from??

I'm releasing a trick next year that uses this line in it and would love to credit and if possible get permission.

Thank you.

M:C
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I originated that joke. I can't remember how it goes, because I thought it sucked.

But you can use it if you want. $100 per incidence. I first must have my people read your script and it must come with a notarized statement that the number of incidence does not exceed the number in said script. If you should use it fewer times, you need to go by your script, and it's not my fault nor the fault of my subsidiaries, McDonald's or Disneyland.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
You can't tell me that my post was the best the Café has to offer....
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
My Doug Henning springy head dash board figure shakes his head at your statement!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
A guy walks into a dress shop, and asks around for whoever owned the poodle that was chained up outside. He finds her and says: Ma'am, we have a problem, your poodle just killed my dog.

The lady looks at him like he was crazy and says: What kind of dog did you have?

He says: it was a Doberman.

How did my poodle kill your doberman? She asks..... My doberman choked on it. says the man.......

-That was a bar joke, but dress shops and bars are both places I feel I should be drunk, so it's interchangeable.-

I have another one about a monkey.... but it's gotta be a bar, and would be deleted and I would be banned.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A Doug Henning bobble head doll? SWEET! Sign me up. lol Now there is an idea. Bobble head dolls of your favorite magicians. Who wouldn't pay top dollar for the Max Maven Bobble Head? lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Come on you big bunch of hacks!! Smile

Some one must know!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2007-12-19 14:02, Josh Riel wrote:
A guy walks into a dress shop, and asks around for whoever owned the poodle that was chained up outside. He finds her and says: Ma'am, we have a problem, your poodle just killed my dog.

The lady looks at him like he was crazy and says: What kind of dog did you have?

He says: it was a Doberman.

How did my poodle kill your doberman? She asks..... My doberman choked on it. says the man.......

-That was a bar joke, but dress shops and bars are both places I feel I should be drunk, so it's interchangeable.-

I have another one about a monkey.... but it's gotta be a bar, and would be deleted and I would be banned.

Its a nightmare when you go to a dress shop and ask for another one. Then you end up buying more and more dresses and realizing how much more dresses cost than beer as you sober up.

Is the monkey joke the one about how the banana killed the monkey with the same punch line?
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I don't know what dog joke you're talking about. Do any of these canine punchlines look familiar?

They gave me a chihuaha?!
The lead goes slack.
So am I, he hated the book.
He tells lies.
I'm not allowed on the couch.
A watch-dog!
I'm puddles.
Chunks is my dog.

George
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
No, the monkey joke has an event where the monkey attempt to put a cueball in his rectum......

Rectum? *** near killed him! But that's not part of the joke.
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Ok Matt,
you are talking about the one Joe Pasquale does with the balloon animal. It's on all of his specials, check them out (I am pretty sure there are clips on youtube).
So what the trick you are inventing?
Larry
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Is it Joe's tho? I'll ask him... Thanks Larry.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
It's ok folks. I found out its Criss Angels.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
What! You mean all of Pasquale's material isn't original?

You talking crazy talk, boy.

If the monkey had put a cue ball in his rectum that would have ruined the punchline. I think Josh just pretended he did so he could say his rectum pun. How sad's that. Actually, the monkey might have, monkey's don't care about punchlines, why should they, they're monkeys, they're naturally funny, like Josh with a pool ball up his rectum.

George
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
How dare you talk about monkeys like that! You can talk about the Josh's how you please tho!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Whilst we are here...does anyone know the first heckler to shout out can you make my wife disappear?
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Your own Mel Mellers uses a similar line in his recent comedy dvd's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » "And that animal went to a fancy dress shop..." (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL