The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Anyone ever go to Hocus Pocus in Brooklyn, NY? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
432 Posts

Profile of daver
Wondering if there's anyone out there who recalls this place. I used to get their booklet-style catalogs all the time, and my grandmother used to live near there so I took a (loooong) walk over there on weekend (I was like between 10-14 those years). Not sure when it closed, but it was mid-70's or so when I remember it.

If memory serves, a guy named Steve Fields owned it. I believe it was on Ocean Parkway, near around Ave I, in a storefront with nice street frontage. Looking back on it, while it was no Tannen's or Flosso's, it was a pretty respectable size and inventory. Steve was no Tony Spina, but he did tryto help with whatever you wanted...

Anyone else remember this place? (Should I say "Dis blayce" ;-)

Dave
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Anyone ever go to Hocus Pocus in Brooklyn, NY? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL