The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » "Magic watch that can predict time" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tjc
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tjc
Hallo~! Smile

I'm new here and would like to ask for help, let me explain...

I wanted to buy a watch as a gift for my bf, but when I asked him what type he'd like, he said "a magic watch that can predict time". I don't know much about magic (except what I see him perform!) and I often see him come here... so I thought the only way I'd be able to know what watch to get him would be to come here and ask for help.

Is anyone able to help with recommendations of a magic watch that can predict time?
I'd really appreciate that!!!

Cheers,
tjc Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1346 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
The easiest way would be this: buy the cheapest watch you can find and set it a few minutes early Smile What I mean is, if the time is 12:20, set the watch to 12:22. That way it predicts time Smile Smile
Good luck

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
They're a couple out there...
Time Machine, Classic Time Machine, Watch & Wear..those are only a few that are available out there. And they have different mechanisms and prices too...

I don't own one myself so can't help. I guess you gotta do some research, but hopefully the people here with the watch can be of more help!
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Best bet is to find a good magic shop or call a reputable magic dealer and ask for help. Check with the shop/dealer and make sure he can exchange it if it isn't the one he wants (Penguinmagic.com is pretty good about that stuff). Also try searching "watch" or "time" under the "tricks and effects" section to see if anyone has reviewed any of these. I bought a trick called "Time Perception" from Penguin Magic (an internet magic dealer) and hated it so they let me exchange it for something else. So what are the chances of your boyfriend reading this thread? -J.R.
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Obviously
The Time Machine works nicely. It is made in many different styles and the price ranges from about $85 to $150. Ideally you would have a shop employee demo it for you. Make sure that it would be exchangeable if it doesn't work properly. I own this type and mine works great. I cannot comment on the other types as I haven't seen them.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Tjc:

Sorry that the first response you got seems to have been designed to make you feel stupid. This is especially upsetting because your bf is a reader of this forum. What you are doing by coming here was/is a thoughtful and good idea.

Your boyfriend's desire for a watch that "predicts" time may be a passing fancy, but on the other hand it may start him on his way to a wonderful hobby or career. I am glad you came here.

As mentioned above, the "Time Machine" would be a good choice and has the advantage of also being a regular everyday watch (in case your bf gets disenchanted.

You should end up paying around $100.00 at a magic shop or an online magic store.
I found a good one here (The Magic Warehouse):
http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=SB2555
and I know they ship all over the world and have a good reputation.

Feel free to PM or email me if you need any follow-up after (and if) you get the watch.

I hope you understand that if you start your boy friend on a route to doing a lot of magic, women will be following him everywhere he goes.

Bob
Ray_Mago
View Profile
New user
Rio Rancho
82 Posts

Profile of Ray_Mago
Lol, sounds like he was joking

:)
Have you Amazed?
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Bob, from the sound of it, her boyfriend isn't a beginner.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1346 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Thank you Ray, it was supposed to be a joke.
Not everyone is in top form at 5am.
My appologies!

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I thought you were funny Matt! The time machine is quite popular and sold under a few different names. I have one and don't use it - it was fun to play with for a while. I prefer to use my own watch that I paid a lot more for.

There are some other fun time devices on the market also - not always a watch. I have a nice device that will move almost any watch to a select time in a few seconds - the fun part is that you don't even need to touch the watch.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
My favorite is Masuda's "Frozen In Time" which was just given to me as a gift (but not from a girlfriend, wife wouldn't like that too much). It is a picture of a watch that will have the exact time that the spectator names on it inside the clear plastic cover. Perfect for romantic or spooky stories.
JardiniMagic
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale
72 Posts

Profile of JardiniMagic
Time Machine would work Great You learn it and Fool Him with it!!
The Magical World of Jardini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » "Magic watch that can predict time" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL