The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can you recommend some good computer games? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I've just upgraded my computer from my old Pentium II 400 to a modern machine. I'm not sure what this means, but the box says it's an AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual Core 5000+ with a Radion Express X1200 graphic card.

So I'm in the mood to get a new video game, but I don't know what's good. In fact, I don't really know what's even available. I loved Wolfenstein and Doom and Sim City 2000 and Diablo II, but that's basically a comprehensive list of all the games I really enjoyed playing.

But I was over at someone's house a year or two ago and I saw their teenager playing a game with a sort of Diablo style Wizard fights ghosts and demons and stuff, but more in a first person shooter perspective, and not a shoot em up but a slower, adventure-style look and feel.

That's my taste.

Also, I promised my son a train simulator. Specifically, he wants to pretend he's driving a train. Microsoft has a train simulator, but are there any other one's out there which are perhaps better?

Any suggestions or recommendations? I'd like to be a wizard in a fantasy world, and my son wants to drive an ICE from Munich to Hamburg.

Jeff
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Jeff,

You have got to try World of Warcraft. It's like crack. It's great. There is that pesky matter of a monthly fee to play, but it's one of the ways I communicate with my son (he lives couple of hours drive away). We log on, kill baddies, hang out, talk. Fun stuff.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can you recommend some good computer games? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL