The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Workers series - books vs videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
I'm thinking of getting a couple of Mike Close's "Workers" series, but I'm not sure which would be better, the videos or the books. Any suggestions?

Laffski Smile
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
I can't even find these books!!! They have been out of print according to what I have heard, for quite some time...
????.....Yeah
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Hey Laffski! Man, asking the "books vs. videos" question is sure to get you polarized group of responses.

I'm not sure either is better. Books surely give you a better value and contain more detail. Videos are much more visual (duh) and can speed the learning process.

Like Evan, I can't find the books but I have seen one of the videos. It's excellent, as expected from Mr. Close, and would be a great addition to your magic library.

Hope this helps...
William Holcomb
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
My local computer store here in Sacramento seems to have all the books in stock last time I checked.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Mr. Close himself seems to have stock - try here:

www.michaelclose.com.
Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
Thanks for the posts so far. Just to add - the books go by the title "Workers" (1,2,3, etc), whereas the videos go by the title "Very, Very Close" (1,2,3,etc). The tricks covered appear to be the same, only they are mixed in the order: some tricks on Vol 1 of the books are not on Vol 1 of the videos. So I'm wondering if some of the books/videos are felt to be worth more for the $ (since I can't afford them all).

Laffski Smile
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-02-28 00:19, Flip wrote:
My local computer store here in Sacramento seems to have all the books in stock last time I checked.

Hey Flip! That must be one well stocked computer store! Smile
William Holcomb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Workers series - books vs videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL