The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
The Order of the Holy Grail (OOTHG for short)- a new ACAAN from Frank Velasco and Precision Magic.

There have been many versions of the 'any card at any number' over the years, some gimmicked, some sleight of hand, some convincing, others not so... but all striving to achieve the effect of having any card in the deck to appear at any named number.

Welcome to the mix - The Order of the Holy Grail.

Some features of OOTHG:

• No sleights, no switches, no needing to even touch the cards as they are dealt... the spectators do the dealing.

• No difficult calculations to perform, or difficult formulas to remember.

• Only ONE deck in use throughout, no switching or needing to carry around multiple decks.

• No gaffed/gimmicked cards in use, so no specially printed cards, no rough and smooth, no short cards, no sticky stuff of any kind etc etc.

• It will not be the same card and or number every performance, and no convoluted procedures to come to a number or specific card... card is freely selected and the number is freely named.

• No stooges instant or otherwise.

• No angle issues, and instantly resets.

• The cards before and after the selection can be shown to be different.

Aswell as all of the above points, OOTHG has to be one of the easiest acaan's to accomplish, and is easily within the reach of everyone, no matter there skill level.

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up... if you have questions etc, the creator is a member of the Café' and so may chime in to offer more details.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Frank Valesco is the Creator of the Order of the Holy Grail. It is very easy and practical. Great Job Frank. To any who may be interested, this will be available thru ... you guessed it.. Precision Magic.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Hey Guys -

I'm the creator of the "Order of the Holy Grail".

This is my take on the ACAAN plot! In my opinion and others agree that it is by far the BEST, CLEANEST and EASIEST version of ACAAN ever conceived!

I want to personally thank Dave Mann and Precision Magic for making OOTHG available to the Magic fraterity in the very very near future.

I have been frying audiences and magicians with this version of ACAAN for 1 1/2 years in my close-up act.

I have kept this secret so very guarded and have shared it with a very selective group of magicians.

One of my friends won a local close-up competition and closed with my OOTHG. The judges thought he was using a stooge and they deducted points from his performance. That is HOW good OOTHG is!!

Features of the Order of the Holy Grail:

• Absolutely no difficult sleights. You don't switch the card counted to for the thought card. The spectators can do the counting and turn over the card. They can even turn over cards that don't fall on their number (before and after).

• No difficult calculations or formulas to learn. You can literally do this trick within minutes after opening the package

• Only ONE deck is used. YES..Only one deck! No need to carry multiple decks around.

• The cards are not specially printed -- use any cards you want.

• It is NOT the same card and number every time!!

• No rough and smooth, no short cards, no cards stuck together. No stooges. No assistants. Resets instantly.

• One spectator can count the cards into the other spectator’s hands. Do it surrounded there are no angles.

• Before and after cards can be shown to show different cards at different numbers!

This version is very simple in execution and the routine flows so smoothly. Laymen actually flip out over it just as much as magicians do. This is a real reputation maker!

The method is VERY clever indeed and you will fool yourself when you try it.

It is SO much better and easier than any other ACAAN versions on the market today.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Happy Holidays to all!

Frank V.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
817 Posts

Profile of andykean
Will this be available as a download?
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Release date?

Greetings,
Jerry
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
625 Posts

Profile of qkeli
How does this version compares to ALAIN NU's last effect ?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4453 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Some very bold statements by the creator...i was sent a copy of this, and though it is ok, I found ways to streamline and improve it ten fold...

'This is my take on the ACAAN plot! In my opinion and others agree that it is by far the BEST, CLEANEST and EASIEST version of ACAAN ever conceived!'

I probably as well would disagree with this, but that is my opinion...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic Forest
390 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Frank, I'm annoyed that you've decided to use the expression "Holy Grail" for your trick. That will simply cause confusion with my effect, "The Bammo Dekronomicon -- The Holy Grail of Card Magic Discovered At Last."

I used this expression first for this sort of effect. Perhaps, you could spend another minute or so and come up with something more original.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I just discussed the download and release date with Dave at Precision Magic.

The anticipated download date is going to be Wednesday, December 26th and last one approximately one week. The assembly of the effect is easily within everyone's grasp.

Here is the current link and scroll down to the "Order of the Holy Grail":

http://www.precisionmagic.com/News.htm

After the download has been offered for a week, Dave is planning to manufacture and ship all of the product to Murphy's and it will available at a magic shop near to you.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Christopher

I respectfully disagree with you. You have to perform this effect to really appreciate the devastating impact it has. If I had a chance to demo OOTHG for all of you, you would BUY it on the spot!

The trick is SO very simple so I don't understand how it could be improved "ten" fold. Yes, all magic effects have a weakness and can be improved but to say ten fold is unfair in my opinion without disclosing any improvments to me in a PM.

Magically,
Frank Velasco
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2007-12-22 22:15, Slydini62 wrote:
Christopher

I respectfully disagree with you. You have to perform this effect to really appreciate the devastating impact it has. If I had a chance to demo OOTHG for all of you, you would BUY it on the spot!

The trick is SO very simple so I don't understand how it could be improved "ten" fold. Yes, all magic effects have a weakness and can be improved but to say ten fold is unfair in my opinion without disclosing any improvments to me in a PM.

Magically,
Frank Velasco

I'm fairly certain that Christopher was using "tenfold" in the same way that you used "devastating". Christopher didn't calculate the degrees of improvement and arrive at a figure tenfold much like you cannot actually devastate someone with a trick....they are both simply figures of speech.

M&S
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1905 Posts

Profile of ted french
Actually something you may not know about Christopher is that he holds a degree in advance calculus(sp?) from Oxford so he can calculate the degrees of improvement. I saw the spreadsheets dude and they are phenominal.
P3
practice practice perform.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2007-12-22 18:48, Bob Farmer wrote:
Perhaps, you could spend another minute or so and come up with something more original.

But Bob, they already spent almost a minute putting some thought into the name they came up with.

Seriously, this is a lame, no research, no effort kind of naming error.

Bob's effect is only a few months old, and it would have taken hardly any effort to determine that he was already using the exact same name in the advertising of his effect.

If this is the effort that was put into the name.....how much effort was put into the rest of the effect?
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I had called this trick "The Holy Grail" eighteen months ago when I created it. I added "Order of" to the title recently when I saw a Torn and Restored Card trick named "Holy Grail" on the Café.

Bob's ACAAN trick's name is Bammo Dekronomicon...completely different names then "Order of the Holy Grail". Bob's mention of the Holy Grail resides in the sub-title of his trick.

Bob did not invent the Holy Grail name and I simply changed it when I saw Jordan's trick name.

If that is the case then Jordan needs to change his trick's T&R name too....contact Black's magic
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Here is the link to Precision Magic for OOTHG:

http://www.precisionmagic.com/News.htm

Scroll down a few pages and you will found it.

The download will be ready to be distributed on Wednesday, December 26th..

Happy Holidays to all!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Actually, the title of Farmers effect is "The Bammo Dekronomicon -- The Holy Grail of Card Magic Discovered At Last."
As a test, it took me all of 30 seconds to find that name on the internet.

Telling us all what you "think" Bob's effect is called doesn't address what Bob ACTUALLY calls his effect.

Farmer published the name before you published it. His name contains the words "Holy Grail" within.
That's all that's needed to establish "ownership" over use of the words "Holy Grail" in a published name for an ACAAN effect.

Your response to Farmers legitimate concerns posted above is less than inspiring.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of bekralik
This argument seems a little silly. With all due respect, anything after the dash is a marketing description of the effect. Not sure what search engine you're using but when I try this in a search engine as an experiment I get: "The Bammo Dekronomicon by Bob Farmer and Bammo Magic The Holy Grail of Any Card at Any Number discovered at last!" and followed by more description of the effect. Note the creator is credited immediately after the words Bammo Dekronomicon.

The actual instructions for the effect say at the end "The BAMMO Dekronomicon is available only from ..." and I haven't seen it referred with the full 12 words verbose title before on any merchant's website or review (it was just in Genii). And because the words "Card Magic" are in the supposed title of this trick, does this mean that nobody else can use those words in this context?

Let's all just take a second and think about what we're arguing about here. There must be more important things to worry about than this.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I think the knight Templars would own the "holy grail" title.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Bekralik

Finally some common sense...excellent post...

The Mac

LOL....I think you are correct about who really owns the "holy grail"

I really believe most of you will be happy with this release...we will post when the download is ready on the 26th.

Happy Holidays!
Frank V.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2092 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2007-12-22 18:48, Bob Farmer wrote:
Frank, I'm annoyed that you've decided to use the expression "Holy Grail" for your trick. That will simply cause confusion with my effect, "The Bammo Dekronomicon -- The Holy Grail of Card Magic Discovered At Last."

I used this expression first for this sort of effect. Perhaps, you could spend another minute or so and come up with something more original.

I'm annoyed because now both of you are confusing the the Knights that say "NI"
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL