The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
The Grail by Mike Rose would seem to pre-date either of these ACAANs. Why can Farmer use the term "Grail" for an ACAAN when it has already been done? Rose's may not be Holy, but...
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Jake just don't unleash the wooden weasel..........
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 20:26, Tom G wrote:
Jake just don't unleash the wooden weasel..........

This is getting entirely too silly.......
And now for something completely different.....
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
"When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled."

Sorry, I love that movie.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Quote:
On 2007-12-23 16:24, The Mac wrote:
I think the knight Templars would own the "holy grail" title.

Given that the grail was Christ's, he pretty much has say. However, if the Order of the Knights Templar would like to get in touch, we'll rename the effect without hessitation or reservation upon request. Next in line would be the cast of Monty Python. Any or all can call me toll free.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I was under the impression that the cup belonged to the restaurant that they were eating in... but hey - times and customs change.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Guys

Here is an update on the download release date of OOTHG:

Precision Magic is going to postpone the download of OOTHG for 3-4 days because some top pros are going to add their personal handlings to the trick. We wanted to make sure all the bases are covered and make sure all of our customers will be extremely satisfied. Thanks for your patience and will keep everyone updated right here on the Café.

Thanks!
Frank Velasco
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I was going to say The holy Grail is (c) Jesus H. Christ 33.AD

However he did not actually call it that it was only later in 15th century fiarytales about King Arthur.

(I watch too much History Channel)
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Hello -

A demo of OOTHG will be up on Precision Magic's website by Thursday, Dec 27th so please stay tuned for a link to it.

Thanks
Frank Velasco
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Who are the top pros?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Who are the top pros?

Yeah, who are the top pros. I would like a rundown on that.
Magic is a vanishing art.
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
If this is the classic, Berglas-style ACAAN effect, can the spec name ANY card at ANY number?

His effects (at least the way they're recalled by other magicians) involved little to no schleping by the performer.

Do you have to still do a lot of handling or controling or subtle forcing?
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey...

Ive gotta go out for a while, but when I get back I'll give you some thoughts on this...

I would have done so sooner, but didn't want to add anything else as I wasn't too thrilled about the creator coming on and hyping his effect, and the way some points were worded.
I guess it's just that the creator is proud of his effect, and excited about sharing it.

When I get back I'll give you some honest feedback/info on the effect...

adolphus, just to answer one of your Q's quickly... no they cannot/do not name any card, but they do name any number.

Ok, gotta shoot.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Adolphus

The spectator has a choice of picking any card and the deck can be shown before the selection. ANY number can be called and used. The spectator can pick different cards and can be repeated. Other numbers can be shown before and after before the original number is shown and turned over.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
The Order of the Holy Grail will be released on 1 January 2008. It will be our first release of the New Year and we are out to make this a good one. Myself, Christopher Williams and John Barrat have added our own unique touches to make this an outstanding effect.

We will be sending out review copies of the Manuscript to select individuals, immediately upon completion. Also, advanced copies (without the deck) will be sold as a download for those who are willing to put the trick together themselves. Finally, we should have a full demo up very soon. I hope everyone is having a Great Holiday.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Ok, there is now a demo for the Order of the Holy Grail up on our site. It is raw and uncut... No Hype, No Junk, No Advertisements, just the trick.

Demo Link: http://www.precisionmagic.com/News.htm

Cheers
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It's raw and uncut? Then how does he makes his voice do that? The sound needs to be fixed.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Approximately how much extra cost/effort will it be to construct the deck ourselves? I presume it will be comparable to the difference between the download and the booklet+deck option?
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
131Mb for a demo video?
make it smaller please,takes ages to load.

Jerry
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Well crap 131 MB that's insane! 131 MB is like a 15 or 20 minute video. that's not how long the effect is, is it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL