The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Due to having two effects coming out with the name Holy Grail and the sacred nature of the name, we have decided to change the name of OOTHG....Stay tuned...
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Wow everyone I was wrong about this effect. This really is one of the best ACAAN effects ive seen. You really won't be disappointed about this. Also don't put this off after just watching the first demo this ACAAN is awesome. The box can or cannot be used and either way it is really good!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Slydini62,

And that's the issue I have with the release. It's not the holy grail, or the best, it's simply an easy version that you can use as a footstep while working on other, better, methods.

For the record, the method I mentioned isn't mine. It does exist, in print, and I was using it as an example.

If your selling feature was that your was simply an easy handling- it would be fine. But, you hyped it up as, literally, the holy grail of acaan.

With all fairness, it means nothing at all to me. But, something for you to think about it.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Jordan, what made think this effect was so great? The demo?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
This effect is really good... ignore the hype from the first page, this effect is something the creator loves, and so it seems he get's a little carried away.
Though not in actuality the 'Holy Grail' of acaan's, this is a nice easy version that will get the desired result 100% of the time.
On top of the main handling, there are a few extras/additions that change up the effect a bit, and allow for a different feel.

I cannot review this, but I can offer some pros and cons on the main routine, and give some info on the additions.

Main effect - Pros

Only one deck in play, so no needing to switch or ditch anything.
Simple in workings and easy to accomplish.
No angle issues.
Any number can be named, no limiting of choice or forcing of any kind.
Card before and after can be seen to be different.
The participant is the one who deals down to the named number.

Cons

Selection process for the card does not feel fair enough, I don't like the spreading cards in hands at all... though what I do is simply spread the cards on a surface area and go from there, looks much more fair.
Cards have to go back to the card case... though you can make this appear to be nothing to the participants, for an effect to have been used for the amount of time this has, you'd think the reasoning for this would have been more fully thought through/worked out.
Deck is not fully examinable.
Having to carry around the deck to perform this, on top of your other things... not a big deal, but still an extra deck.

I'd say that's an honest look at the pros and cons of the main effect.

Additions/contributions - quick look

Included are additional handlings and ideas that include versions where the cards do not go back to the case, and where the number and selection are made before the cards are removed from the case.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
To any and all who may be interested... Out of respect for others we have decided to change the name of the Order of the Holy Grail.

The New Name is.... The Quest... and it will be up forsale tomorrow morning for those who are willing to give this a go.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Isn't there another effect called The Quest already?

Just kidding...
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Okay, nobody answered my questions, but I saw the demo and...

Why not just use a one-way forcing deck with a couple of random stranger cards on the bottom? Same presentation, same effect, same restrictions, but way easy! Call it the "Knights Templar on Vacation".

Douglas M.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I think this is a really nice effect. No sleight of hand, it's very easy.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'll be ordering.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
New thread for The Quest (formally know as Order of the Holy Grail) is:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&10
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
I just downloaded this but am traveling and cannot get my download. What do I need to pick up tomaje the deck. Please PM me. DMann, my name is Chris L and ordered this am.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Everyone who has ordered The Quest should have received an email with it attached. If you did not receive it... let me know.

Finally, Guys... Let this topic die off and please refer to the appropriate topic.

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Order of the Holy Grail (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL