The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Can Liddell handle Wanderlei on the 29th?? I don't think so!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lu2t_......00_sport
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Guess nobody watches MMA huh? Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Not too many I imagine. The sport is wrought with over ego fighters who actually don't fight too well.
I on occasion watch it and have been mostly dissappointed by it more each time.
I have been involved in martial arts for over 20yrs and I see a lot of sloppy technique in the UFC.
Liddel will probably win. I say this becaused based on how the other guy has fought in the past he is too forward in his upper body and Chuck does a really good job of taking advantage of that in a fight.
Later,
Mobius
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
When you say over ego fighters who actually don't fight too well. Can you give me an example?

You say you think Chuck Liddell will probably win based on how the "other guy" has fought in the past. The "other" guy is one of the best in the world and his record smashes liddell's lol. The way the other guy has fought in the past is how he made a name for himself.

BUT..... it's mma, anything can happen. A world class fighter could lose to a backyard brawler that nobody has ever heard of before. That's the beauty of the sport, anything can happen. that's why I love it! I have seen a few guys that need to tighten up their game, but have not seen many top ranked fighters with sloppy technique

peace out man

Merry Christmas!!
Bobby
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It depends on their nick names, what are they? It also helps if the ring announcer can drag out the middle part of their name so any name with an 'r' has the advantage.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 20:07, Bobby Forbes wrote:
The "other" guy is one of the best in the world and his record smashes liddell's lol.

I'd take the 20-5 record, actually, with 7 of those fights being world championship fights, over the 31-7 record. Silva has an edge if you look at their respective fights against Quinton Jackson, but Liddel fought a prime Jackson, and Silva fought a pre-prime version. Should come down to the style clash -- how well they match up. Each has lost his last 2 fights.

I'm more of a boxing fan, myself.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Don't worry Santa who ever looses this extravaganza of a fight will get a cool hat, some heavy gold jewelry, a pair of mirrored sun glasses and join the world poker tour. He should do well as long as he wears his hat backwards or sideways.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On 2007-12-24 20:49, MagicSanta wrote:
It depends on their nick names, what are they? It also helps if the ring announcer can drag out the middle part of their name so any name with an 'r' has the advantage.

Smile Just for the sake of completeness.. their nicknames are Chuck "the iceman" Liddell. and his opponent is Wanderlei "the axe murderer" Silva.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
A little of the point but@I assume you guys know that one of the better fighters, Ryan Gracie, recently passed away by his own hand. Quite a tragedy.
I will go with Silva for the fight based on nothing in particular and because it is difficult to call.
As for boxing I recently read that Mayweather is thinking about getting involved in MMA. That would be interesting.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
FWIW Silva is a very slight favorite at Bodog online sports book (-125/-105)

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I sure hope it doesn't go to a decision Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The winner will be The Ice Man, sure it isn't a creative name but it flows better than the idiotic The Ax Murderer. I mean unless you really killed someone with an ax should you be using that name? I'd call him Wanderlie 'The Magic Wand' Silva. It isn't violent but it flows well. Maybe Wanderlie "The Love Donkey" Silva, that would scare the opponent. How about Wanderlei "I was born under a wandering star" Silva as a salute to Paint Your Wagon?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
"the love donkey"!! I love it Smile !
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Unanimous for Liddell...one judge gave Silva one round; that's it.

Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I am a HUGE fan of the UFC. My first UFC that I watched was the Hughes vs Gracie fight. I haven't missed an UFC pay per view or fight night since then.

Tonight was a close call. The UFC pay per view did not work for some reason in northeastern Ohio. It kicked back on the last few minutes of the taped fight that Manny won. Luckily, they replay it as soon as it ends.....so I'll get to see it after all.
- C
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I broke even on the ppv. Awesome fights! Lost 20 on wanderlei silva and won it back on the St. Pierre- Huges fight. Oh well.. great fights! The next one is gonna be a monster... Brock Lesner is fighting Frank Mir..WTF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL