The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Noblezada's In the Beginning there where Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ethereal
View Profile
New user
Dear Valley, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Ethereal
Is this DVD a good choice for beginning coin magic?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1581

I don't want to buy something if there's something better out there.
zeitgeistmovie.com will enlighten you. Trust me Smile
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Michael Ammar's "The Complete Introduction to Coin Magic" is a better choice IMO.

You get the following:

Quote:
Holding Out, The Finger Palm, The Ramsay Subtlety, The Classic Palm, The Kaps Subtlety, To Classic Palm One Coin of a Group, Fingertip Rest, The Thumb Palm, The Back Thumb Palm, The Downs Palm, Buckley's Downs Production, Goshman Pinch, The Back Finger Clip, Deep Back Clip, Tricky Trousers, A Sure Bet, The Phone Home Pen, Double Your Money, Completely Gone!, What's In Your Ear?, Coin from Tie, The Simple Take, The Simple Put, The Schneider Vanish, Le Tourniquet, The Reverse French Drop, Ammar's Loose French Drop, The Classic Fake Transfer, The Slide Vanish, The Friction Palm, The Spider Vanish, Thumb Palm Transfer, Classic Palm Transfer, Silver Dollar to Four Quarters, Half-Dollar to Five Dimes, Coin Thru Table, Flurry #1, Simple Coins Across, Misdirection, The Wand Subtlety, The Revolve Load, Dai Vernon's Thumb Palm Load, Load During a Wave or Gesture, Ammar's Sonic Squeeze, Copper & Silver Transposition (Kort), Ditching, Heel Clip, J.B. Bobo Complete Vanish, The Palm Down Steal, Coin to Key, Gone!, The 1-Minute Coin Vanish, Coin from a Spectator's Hand, The Thieves, Sheep and the Barn

A lot more variety and $5 cheaper.

David Roth's "Expert Coin Magic...Made Easy!" Vol. I-III are invaluable, but a beginning DVD with the most bang per buck would be Ammar's.

Now granted, Ammar's performance can come off as goofy to some, especially the younger generation, but it's the technique you're after. You'll be able to apply it to your style.
Ethereal
View Profile
New user
Dear Valley, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Ethereal
Could you give me a link for where to buy it?
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Ethereal
View Profile
New user
Dear Valley, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Ethereal
Thanks! Smile
Upanishad13
View Profile
New user
Omaha, NE
16 Posts

Profile of Upanishad13
I just started to learn coin magic and own both Noblezada's and Ammar's DVD. Noblezada is an efficient, patient teacher and his DVD is packed full of useful information. I also enjoy Ammar's careful explanations for basic moves and tricks. I give the nod to Ammar's because he teaches the moves with some tricks in (I think three) progressive steps. So you learn a few "easy" moves, a few tricks, some "medium" moves, a few more tricks, more "advanced" moves, then some routines that utilize what you have learned before. Also, Ammar goes a little more into some topics of magic theory which is cool. I believe the magicwarehouse.com carries both DVDs as "previously owned" if you want to save a couple bucks. I bought a few used DVDs from them and they were like new.

Good luck!
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
192 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
I'd really recommend the Roth video's over Ammar. Might as well learn from the master... Ammar does offer more bang for the buck, but given the amount of time it'll take to come up to speed with coin magic, the extra money for the Roth videos will be worth it.

Actually just get them both...
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
I agree with rjthomp. Roth's DVD's are going to be your bread and butter, but they'll cost you around $80-90 for all of them. If you delve into coin magic, you'll have to get them eventually. I also like the Roth videos over Ammar's, but for a beginner, you shouldn't have to spend $100 just to see if you're going to like coin magic.
Ethereal
View Profile
New user
Dear Valley, AZ
57 Posts

Profile of Ethereal
Thanks for the input, guys. I don't have a lot of money so I'm going to have to wait a while before I get either one, but I'll be sure to get Ammar's DVD...then later I'll get Roth's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Noblezada's In the Beginning there where Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL