The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New Packaging (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Just letting you know that the entire barfly trilogy, "The Barfly's Billet Test", "A Guy Walks into a Bar..." (both reviewed here on the Café) and the final installment, "Pasteboard Prognostication: the Barfly's guide to card reading" (available separately), is available at lulu.com under the title "The Barfly Trilogy" or "James Randi is such a buzz-kill".
If you have any of the others, you don't need this, but if you don't have any and you want all three...

The third installment, "Pasteboard Prognostication", is intended for mentalists who want to give readings with a regular deck of playing cards. (Note, not "a little reading" or a "reading"-whatever that is, but just readings. Psychic readings. No NLP, no dual-reality, no thumb tips, N*** W*****s, p**ks, c***** t***s, etc. just plain old fashioned cartomancy.)If you are trying to learn cold reading, go elsewhere. If you want a trick, go elsewhere. This is the bare minimum I think you need to know to give an effective card reading from the perspective of a mentalist rather than a shut-eye reader.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
There is a preview of "Pasteboard Prognostication" available on lulu.com.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I received "Pasteboard Prognostication" earlier in the week and have gone over it a couple of times in between what has been a pretty busy week in my bar - finally I can take a break and review John's latest work.

This is truly excellent stuff for anyone wishing to learn to a)be a psychic reader and, more specifically, b) read playing cards for clients. It is not, however, going to be easy to learn but then little worthwhile in Mentalism is easy. For example, billets take work and commitment to do them justice and, as far as I am concerned, they are a cornerstone of Mentalism as is the ability to do good readings. John's book will not tell you everything you need to know but it WILL tell you how to acquire the information and skills you need to become an adept at reading cards. There are some works in this field written by people who have never actually done a reading "for real" - it's clear from his writing that not only does John do real readings but he knows what he is talking about.

Altogether, all 3 volumes of mentalism are an invaluable addition to any serious mentalists library and I can't recommend them highly enough.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
David, thank you muchly. (There's a southernism for you.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » New Packaging (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL