The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don DriversJam Auction DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Great Story Jeremy.Thanks and keep them coming.

Don
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Markjens, my point for Scripting out the auction, is not to learn it as a script, but rather to learn the details of what is going on! The Jam Auction DVD is gold on many different levels, just try holding a group of people for two hours and not only holding them but extracting money from them--what a feat!! I love the Picture of his son, in uniform (real or not), this was pure gold!! The whole emotion draw was great!! There are gems in this DVD and I know many will pass this DVD up because, it is not a buy it a perform it item. This is a buy it and learn from it item, which is a hard concept to learn for many. Years from now, I can see this DVD selling for hundreds of dollars, not because, of people wanting to put on a jam auction, but for the people wanting to learn HOW to handle a crowd and extract money from them. I watch this DVD often and learn something new everytime!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Sir-T

I really made and put it out for the history of the Jam Auction.Jack is the last of the full Jam Auction pitchman.So now there is a record of it to leave behind.

Don

P.S. The story about his son is all true.( and did you notice a picture of the last supper hanging up on the right)
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Ooooo, I had a conversation with Don a couple months back about this DVD and was so excited, but being the natural scatterbrain that I am had completely forgotten about it. Just ordered mine today!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This DVD IS THE most important DVD Historical record available on the entire Café. Can't stress enough how important this is. You could have sat in a Jam Auction and be amazed but you would not for the life of you understand the machinations underway. Thus for many many years this was TOP SECRET stuff and even if available was incomprehensible with out intensive training and a TALENT maybe only possesd by a very few...or one or two. It is a Ballet...an Opera...a Masterpiece scenerio of Selling Performance like NO OTHER. It happens every time Jack does a show yet there was not a single record of this or the many other old time long gone Jams of yesterday.

So we all had the memories of the jam...but wait! It was about to be gone forever...the Last Master...the ONLY living example of the full pitch Jam was heading for the old corral someday (hopefully not soon!) and in our lifetime the classic Jam would be GONE. Wiped out Forever with NO WAY to retrieve even a hint of what it was about.

The G Whiz Kid is an ok time passer but is more about the personality of Jack Nyberg and has very little Jam footage. Definately see that if you can but it will be better if you see and come to understand the True Full JAM first.

Don has done the WORLD (not just us) a big service...a service to History...This was IT...the only possible chance to capture it and he somehow talked Nyberg into letting it be done. Don jammed the master...well of course!

Get this DVD!!!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I got the Jam auction DVD set and have so many feelings about it. First off, the filming. The camera is set in a way that you not only see all the action, but it's like you're part of the audience.

Has anyone seen a good play and enjoyed it and then seen the same play with an actor that is a Master at the craft? You come away with a different feeling. That's what's wachting the Jam auction was like: I watched a Master. I actually came under his spell. I got just as caught up in the atmosphere as the spectators. I litteraly kept shaking my head and saying "this guy is too good".

If I was running a sales force ( car dealership etc.) I'd make my Team watch this DVD sevreral times. Jack Nyberg is a Sales Master. Every word, every line is carefully chosen to get the crowd in agreement again and again.

This DVD set not only important historical info, it's of value to anyone that wants to gather AND HOLD a crowd.

One viewing isn't enough for me. I'm going to watch the set again and take notes. There is a wealth of information here that you can't get anywhere else ( unless you worked with these guys doing it ) that can be applied to much of what we do as Magicians.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
For those interested in this type of stuff they'll find themselves celebrating every sale with Jack. I watched it again and it is just a great dance but with the partner not being aware they are dancing. I bet Jack could make a fortune lecturing to companies.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
When watching this remember that Jack has the "TIP" in an environmmt that he made,thus having total control over each and everyone.

I promise everyone thinks he's ONLY talking to them and them alone and they forget they are all part of a crowd.He talks to and gets eye contact with everybody at some point.

If you watch this study and apply it to your show's,you'll have your audience in the palm of your hand. REALLY !

Thanks guys,
Don
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Here's my review

So you've seen the clip on real hustle, and you know what a Jam Auction is, do you?... Wrong.. What would it be worth to watch a master at work.. Watch as he builds a tip, and has random people hand him 10s and 20s for no apparent reason at all... Next is the 50's.. Than the 100's... 200..... Amazing stuff here. Not only does he get the big money, but he ends the whole thing simply by asking people if they would like to give him a dollar so he can get drinks later. And they gladly throw more money at him without hesitation.

http://www.dondriver.com

After watching it once you may be a little confused about how this whole thing works.. Watch it a few times, and you should get it.. no problem.

5/5 stars
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I ahd to watch this again. I'm in awe of how smooth Jack Nyberg. Good lessons here for anyone that performs.

chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
This guy is the ultimate talking machine.He rattles the words and one liners off like a machine gun.He mesmorises the audience humours them and has them eating out of the palm of his hand.In a short period of time he gets them to part with their cash and they love it.Most of them probably think they are getting a good deal.I think some are just happy to pay him for the entertainment.If I was there I'd hand over $20 just to be involved in the show.I've seen this a couple of times now and probably watch parts again.There are some very funny bits in this.
As has been said before there is a wealth of info in here. A must see.

Chapppelly
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
I take it it's different from this jam auction.

http://nerdnirvana.org/2007/01/31/the-re......auction/

That ones clearly dirty business.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Quote:
On 2008-03-16 01:24, Experimentalist wrote:
I take it it's different from this jam auction.

http://nerdnirvana.org/2007/01/31/the-re......auction/

That ones clearly dirty business.

I sympathize for Don Driver.. He has to be Sick of trying to explain this by now.. If you wanna find out how a Real Jam Auction works, ya gotta get the DVD... Don't get me wrong, the real american jam auction is kind of "dirty"... But in a good way of course... Also, there is a small simmilarity between the real hustle version, and Jack's.. but there is so much more to Jacks.... Actually It's so confusing I can't even make any sense of it without going through the entire pitch.. You'll just have to watch
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What Wilson is putting on is the British jam it is not the American Jam Auction which is more art than criminality. With the Driver material you get to see an actual jam auction being put on by a man who not only makes his living doing it but is one of the best that ever walked the saw dust. Wilson did a tv show. From a historical standpoint and from a pure facination standpoint you can't miss with what Don Driver has put out. I've never met Don but let me tell you, I've seen three of his releases, the Svengali pitch, the bally, and this and he is putting down on DVD information that is priceless to those who appreciate it.

I prefer the company of pitchmen, carnies, hustlers, Jam workers, and street artist than I do most anyone else and they are becoming fewer and fewer. Which reminds me, Long Live Bob Brown!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I watch the Jam DVD and find myself smiling. It's like when you watch Whit Haydn do the 3 card monte and see the audience get brought down the garden path.

Don, thanks for putting this out!!

http://www.dondriver.com

Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

So, is quality merchandise ever sold at a Jam Auction, or is it part of the concept that the merchandise be nicely packaged, but of poor quality (Like at Walmart)?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Experimentalist

Why do you keep posting things you know nothing about.You just don't GET IT and I'm guessing you never will.Try buying a copy.

Don Driver
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Hi Don,

I plan to buy a copy. But I think my questions are legitimate. Remember that I had never heard of a Jam Auction before a few weeks ago. that's why I don't "get it".

I'm asking questions so that I will understand. That's generally considered a intelligent thing to do.

I come in peace.
E.
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

And by the way Don.
I do appreciate what you've done. You've achieved some things that others have only dreamed of. That's pretty cool.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Mr. Experimentalist, let me answer...considering the 'quality' of the stuff everyone is now buying from China as 'quality' material the answer is that yes, relative to what is considered quality, the stuff is quality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don DriversJam Auction DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL