The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don DriversJam Auction DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Mark,

Middle class working people love the Jam Auction pitch...amazing.

Don
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
I've just watched the Jack do the Jam Auction yet again, and once again I am so struck by the layers of information in here. Want to learn to be a better performer? Watch this. Want to understand why your least favorite presidential candidate is so popular? Watch this. Want to understand how to sell anything? You've got to see it. I wrote a longer review some time ago, and everything I and so many others have said before gets magnified times ten.

Read some of the many earlier reviews on here and then go to http://www.dondriver.com and get this DVD. As you can see from the reviews there are uncountable lessons on here.

Best,

Bill Brunelle
New York City
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
Go to http://www.dondriver.com and buy everything…

I have been watching the Jam Auction DVD since the September 4; when ever I have time… every time I watch it I see some thing new…
After about the 10th time watching it…
At the end of Jack’s 2 hours, I heard some one in the crowd say “I’m making out like a bandit.” This person left satisfied giving Jack money…

This is a DVD that I know, I will be watching over and over again…

The first time viewing it… I was Amazed and Shocked that the crowd stood in one spot for 2 hours waited to give their money for what ever Jack was pitching…

If you don’t know what a Jam Auction is buy Don Driver’s DVD…

If you know what a Jam Auction is buy Don Driver’s DVD…

http://www.dondriver.com Thanks Don!

Chuck
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Jack is killer when it come to the Jam Auction pitch.Glade you like it Chuck...and keep watching it.

Later,Don
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Just got the Don Driver Jam Auction DVD's. FANTASTIC I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE! INFACT ORDER ALL OF THE DVD'S DON HAS FOR SALE , THEY ARE A GOLD MINE OF INFORMATION . The Jam auction is a work of art. Watching Jack Nyberg THE GEE WHIZ KID at work is poetry in motion. If you are into pitching Svengali decks, Don's DVD on Pitching is all you need , it covers everything. The Building a TIP dvd is AMAZING!!!!!! Watch Don as he starts out with an empty street and in a matter of minutes has built a very large tip around him. Set down RIGHT NOW! and order them all, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!

ROD PRINGLE
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
UPDATE ON DON DRIVER'S JAM AUCTION DVD'S!!! This is "GOOOOD STUFFF" Its 6:00 am and I am setting here watching this incredible DVD. You have to watch this dvd many times to get it all digested, every move, every word , is set at the precise time. I am totally amazed how Jack can hold an audience for 2 hours and get them to pay 20 dollars for an empty box . He has nice looking stock too, Just watching this on TV , I am JAMMED already...I'm getting out my wallet. Tell Jack I'll send up 20 for an empty bag! (haha) Also Don comes on with a neat intro and covers some Jam Auction lingo, and also has some good words about the pitch at the end. The Don Driver Dvd's have become my most valuable items( I have the complete set) in my library, I keep them stored in a fire proof box.YES..they are THAT valuable! GET THEM TODAY!!!WWW.DONDRIVER.COM

ROD PRINGLE
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Rod
John Deems
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John Deems
I watched it again last night and it seems that every time I do I just learn more and it keeps getting better every time you watch it.

I guess it is because you are learning psychology that is behind crowd control watching Jack Nyberg doing what he knows how to do in this two hour pitch.

On the square ... There is NOTHING out there today that even comes close to this DVD set with all the endless information in it. You more you see it the more you learn.

Chew on that last bone for a while,("...more you learn."), and tell me it aint so!

And what I mean by 'endless' is that it is relative to how smart you are ... if you are sharp and really want to learn and gain insight ... the more you'll keep on learning ... from major points to very fine and honed phrases.

Thanks for your insight Don in looking ahead and doing something that wasn't thought of before this.

I'll give you something ... get this ... Brother John is using some of this on his lectures today ... and he ain't no slouch guys!
flashpaper
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of flashpaper
After reading the glowing reviews here and elsewhere, I ordered Don's Jam Auction DVD this past week. It arrived in no time at all. Actually, I ordered his complete DVD set (he also has 2 other pitch-related DVDs as well and they seemed very complimentary so I went for the set).

I watched the Jam Auction DVD this afternoon. All I can say about it is: I was MESMERIZED. Honestly, it was an eye opening experience. I didn't order this intending to do Jam Auctions, but because of the captivating subject matter. However...what a brilliant piece of entertainment and psychology, all rolled into one. It was incredibly absorbing.

I have to say, magician or not...anyone who wants to influence people will find this absolutely fascinating. I can see where this will certainly resonate with magicians though, who depend on connecting with their audience.

Here we have a veteran Jam Auction conductor (Jack Nyberg) who is clearly at the top of the game. He builds an audience from nothing using only wit and clever psychology. In the end, the audience ends up having paid him quite a premium for moderate value merchandise, AND yet they leave happy. This is really something to behold. I'll be watching this a few times I am sure, to really pick up all the nuances.

This DVD is exceptional, and I recommend it highly.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2728 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I bought Don's Jam Auction DVD and have to say, it’s GREAT. Not only is Jack a very slick pitchman, he’s also a super salesman. Many lessons in salesmanship on the dvd.

Years ago when I was in sales, I did a study of the jam auctioneers. It really doesn’t matter what you selling, trick cards, cars, insurance, pots and pans, or magic shows, you can’t find better lessons in salesmanship than this.

Don, there use to be a book named Carnival describing parts of the carnivals, and a chapter in it was on the jam. I read it way back, (probably 70’s) and it somewhat detailed the auction. My memory is bad now and I can’t remember the guys name in it. I want to say Bob, but curious if it may of been Jack?

I agree with all the good stuff that’s been said about the dvd, and more. If you sell anything, you need it.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Glade you guys liked it...
Thanks,Don
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Hey Don,

I wanted to let you know that I watched the Jam Auction this weekend with my buddy - he hadn't seen it yet = and he was mesmerized! He never left the TV the whole time, and when it was over he took off running to the bathroom to pee!!! I thought it was hilarious - a grown man "holding it" until the jam was over!! LOL!!

I watch this thing over and over and still learn something new each time. Jack is a master...

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
By the way Don, I heard Jack was coming back this way in the spring
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Illusion and reality are the same until you know the difference! After having watched this dynamically rich and fully textured DVD, All I can say is this is truly show BUSINESS at its absolute finest. I would like to say that what I observed is that there is way more to this DVD than just the entertainment value. This is a training program with ALL of the recipes, ruses, and realizations to succeed in show BUSINESS.

As you watch this DVD, Jack gives it all to you, if you listen to his words very closely. Every question you may have about how to market yourself to potential clients, how to sell your product, how to get advertising and marketing for free, building rapport, the importance of showmanship, structuring of an act and so much more. This is a treasure trove or better yet shall I say an encyclopedia of SHOW BUSINESS. In two hours he makes a few grand that's not bad for the first show of the day. You can see he is really doing it cant you, there is no arm chair theory here.How much did you make with your last gig?

His knowledge is masterfully put out there for all of you who are really willing to sit down and understand and do the work to thorougly understand the brilliance of this jam. If you chunk it down into four main categories with each phase containing the ground work and strategy with four sub phases that end up breaking down all of the laws of show business. The more you watch it the more it will jump out at you. This is more than a DVD on a jam this is genuinely the recipe for success no matter what field your in.

By taking this knowledge and new learning how can you apply it to your present working situations I bet you like me are already thinking hmmm yes. I applaud you guys for putting this product out and I am so excited to own this thank you so very much.

The Illustrated Magician
Reed McClitnock
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
WOW what a review...Thanks Reed

Don
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
I have to totally agree with Reed and many others here - this is the ultimate expose of the arcane act of the 'Jam'.

Don was kind enough to send me the DVD's but that wouldn't stop me saying bad things if I didn't like them. So, OK, I didn't like them ... I loved them!

I've seen a lot of Jam Auctions in my day (may even have 'alledgedly' run a few) but I've never seen anybody as good as Jack. He takes it to an art form where one could honestly do a mis-quote of the Tiger Woods and golfing line, "There are Jam Auctions and then there are Jam Auctions run by Jack Nyberg."

I was entralled and have watched 'the master' more than once. Don has done us all a huge service by giving us an insiders view of a dying art. Not only that, but the very best of that art!

Even if you don't want to be a ... um ... Jam guy you'll learn a whole lot about crowd control handling of people and how to really sell what you have to offer whether it be tricks, jokes or, of course, products (or lack of them!)

So my advice is to get these DVD's and sit back for a roller coaster ride you'll never forget. Otherwise I've got this cool box of stuff that can be yours for just $250 .... No? OK then just buy this set, you'll thank me!

Simon Lovell

PS Be sure to watch them more than once ... there are so may layers to the sell to learn that you'll never get them all on just one viewing.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Simon,
Glade you liked it.See you on Feb.17th at my NYC lecture.

Don
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
"Wow!" That basically sums up in a word, Jack Nyberg in Don Driver's Jam Auction dvd set.
I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon with Don while he was in NYC. He had some fantastic behind the scenes stories of some of the major players of the Jam Auctions over the years.
But back to the dvd set, any performer, whether sideshow artiste, magician, juggler or vent who watches this document will garner something out of it.
Nyberg presents himself as a man of the people. He's just like those he's pitching to, a regular working stiff looking to make ends meet. He's not flash, no bling, no five syllable words. He doesn't talk down to his people. He relates to them. He's on their side. He just wants them to be happy. To get a square deal.
As a performer, I want my audience on my side, I talk to them and with them, not at them. That's what you'll see Nyberg do. Talk to the people.
He works them up into a frenzy, what performer doesn't want their audience jazzed up wanting more?
Now let's be honest here, neither Don nor Jack is going to sit and hold your hand and explain to you, the viewer, how to get a crowd and whip them into such a state that they're literally throwing money into your pocket. (If you want to learn how to get a crowd, get Don's other dvd, Building a Tip) No, that you have to figure out on your own. But after a few viewings of this set you'll be well on your way to improving your audience management, your patter and your attitude. This set is something to be studied, dissected and reflected upon, not watched once and shelved.
Veteran and experienced performers might be at advantage when watching these dvd's, as they may be aware of Nyberg's psychological forces, but novices should be made to watch this Clockwork Orange style.
I think I've established how important this is as a learning tool, so enough with that. What Don has captured on video is the last of a dying art form. For those who have never seen a live Jam Auction, myself being that group, we are very lucky to have the opportunity to be able to watch this in the comforts of our own homes. Heck, look at it like this, plunk down $50.00 for the dvd's at http://www.dondriver.com or try and catch Jack Nyberg's show and plunk down a whole lot more for what might be a whole lot less.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Adam,
I had a great time as well.Thanks for your business and all the kind words.Hope to see you this summer at Coney Island sideshow school.

Don
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
827 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Don,

What is the Coney Island Sideshow school?

Tks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don DriversJam Auction DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL