The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I am boycotting new years shows. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I have not performed New Years shows since 2000. It's a boycott. I am not booking shows for the new year either. The guests could care less if I'm there. Half of them can't wait to kiss their dates and most of them are drunk after 10pm.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Plus, on New Year's Eve, I want to party. I don't do shows then either. That and Halloween. Those nights are for me!
What would Wavy do?
one funny magic boy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of one funny magic boy
[quote]On 2007-12-28 15:59, jay leslie wrote:
I have not performed New Years shows since 2000. It's a boycott. I am not booking shows for the new year either. The guests could care less if I'm there. Half of them can't wait to kiss their dates and most of them are drunk after 10pm.
[/ quote]I agree with you.I will take a new years show with the following conditions #1 high fee for giving up that night, #2 my show gets over before 9:oo ( drunks start to grab cards etc.) after this time. #3 I have enough time to drive to the log cabin I rented to pray the new year in with my best frend and wike of 16 years. under your own conditions that night becomes fun again.
one funny magic boy
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of one funny magic boy
Oops,WIFE not wike lol.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
I'm with you guys 100%
Iv'e had people literally come up all over me. Got a booking call for a 3am show.told the guy to climb a wall.had my ears bombed out by crazy dj's the list of experience goes on. Now I only take shows before 10pm.And I'm very selective.
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
373 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
Could you do a silent act? At least then you don't care if people are talking and carousing and ignoring you. No patter, so no problems being heard.

Of course, then some idiot may crank up the music to compete with yours and the booker may say afterwards "You didn't hold the attention of the audience..."

And still somebody may throw up on you...? Eep!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
New years eve rocks. One of the best nights available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I am boycotting new years shows. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL