The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Gospel Magic in Michigan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I figured I would give this one more try. The gathering of FCM members in southeastern Michigan has all but dried up. I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit and would like to know if there are any people that would like to get together and share and be SERIOUS about it this time around. If you are, email me at rickfcm@hotmail.com. I am not looking for a group to get together for tea and cookies but one for sharing and helping each other to improve their craft and ministry.
Rick Lenski
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Kind of sad as it has been a week and no one from SW Michigan has contacted me. You can declare the FCM of SW Michigan dead.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Or no one from SW Michigan goes on the Magic Café...I live in NE Indiana but too far to get together with you. Have you put a post on the FCM forum on their web site?
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Hi Terry,

Yes I have posted in the forum and no response there either. I only posted the second post to hopefully shock some into responding. I have emailed Mike at the Conjurer about putting an ad in the magazine. Hope I can get some of those people who receive the Conjurer and opening the magazine is as active as they get in the FCM. Time for some action.

About once every two years I get sent to our training center in Indianapolis and after seeing your videos on You Tube, I was going to try and visit you either on the way down there or on the way back. Thanks for your input.
Rick
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I would love to have you come on by and spend some time...just let me know.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Rick, FYI, you know that I am always ready and willing to get together when our schedules coincide.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2007-12-29 19:50, Rickfcm wrote:
I figured I would give this one more try. The gathering of FCM members in southeastern Michigan has all but dried up. I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit and would like to know if there are any people that would like to get together and share and be SERIOUS about it this time around. If you are, email me at rickfcm@hotmail.com. I am not looking for a group to get together for tea and cookies but one for sharing and helping each other to improve their craft and ministry.
Rick Lenski

Hi Rick. I saw your post a week or so ago, but didn't respond because I wasn't sure what you meant by "serious." Serious in gospel (and only gospel), or serious about what we perform, or serious about meeting?

As you know, for the most part, I do clean shows. I do Gospel from time to time, but since churches seem reluctant to hire, I've kind of gotten out of the "gospel" portion of the game a little bit.

But, I love watching it, and I am serious about how I perform, so I'd love to join you. I just feel a teensy bit out of place being a christian who mainly does clean secular, when most people are GOSPEL performers first.

For me personally, I was a little frustrated with the whole issue of everyone being in the FELLOWSHIP of Christian Magicians, and yet, we rarely met. I personally think that the "Fellowship" portion is a very important aspect of the group.

Of course, I'm not blaming anyone. A lot of us are just going through major changes in life, and it gets harder to meet. Not an excuse, but maybe something to think about. MW got sick, CR moved waaaaaaaaaaay far away, RP lived waaaaaaaaaaaay far away as it was...

I don't know how much I can take on as far as setting things up, but I would love to join you guys if someone is actually available, and it's not one of my super busy days.

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to the convention this year, cause I will hope to see you all and catch up!
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Dave,
I am serious about the quality of the craft we represent. To many magicians, and Christian magicians are definitely included here because they have in many cases earned the reputation, don't give a quality program and it hurts all of us. Besides encouraging each other and helping us to improve our craft, fellowship is very important, in fact that fellowship can only help to improve ourselves as performers and people. "Clean magic" is welcome anywhere and if a gospel magician only performs gospel magic,I believe they put on a boring program as it has to be a mix to be fun and effective.

I look forward to meeting with you, what area are you located in? Between you and Rodney, we have a start.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Sorry I had to move away, or I'd be right there with you.

Had a great show for a group of senior citizens this afternoon. Even was brave enough to give my testimony in that secular environment. You all know I'm not a Gospel Magician for the most part. I just do what I think are pretty cool things.

I am looking forward to the FCM Conference in March with mixed feelings. PM me for more discussion on that if you like.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
I know that Rudy TwoMonn has an amazing gospel act that he does in Ann Arbor Mi.

You might be able to find out about it @ http://www.rudytwomoon.com

hope that helps

justin
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
Thanks for the info. New guys need all the help they can get.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
This is a post regarding SW Michigan Gospel magicians not being on The Magic Café. I am happy to report there is an extremely ACTIVE FCM Chapter in SW Michigan- The Fellowship of Christian Magicians, West Michigan Chapter. Most of our meetings are in the Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Lansing areas. See our website at http://www.ChristianMagician.org. This Saturday, August 2, 2008, for example, our group is doing three secular magic programs for the "Portage Party in the Park", at 2PM, 3PM and 4PM at the Hayloft Theatre, Celery Flats recreation area (Portage Parks Department), Portage, Michigan. We also produce More Than Magic! Gospel magic, juggling and chalk art progrmas for cable access viewing which is run constantly in our area (click on "Videos" on our web site to view them). We love to have any one join our montly meetings that is interested! Contact MagicBob through our web site for the latest meeting details.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
The SW group should be commended for their organization and effort. It gives a goal to reach as we start a new chapter.
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
Well, I am in Grand Blanc, MI. Kinda far away, but I am here.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but thought I would add this since it is anbout Michigan:
For those in and near Battle Creek & Grand Rapids, we will be in both those cities with our Living Illusions show. It is our full shows featuring Kristen's Full View Water Torture Cell and our newest piece, the Jet Turbine illusion, which is the only one being performed in the western hemisphere. The show is being co-promoted with http://www.way.fm

The date are Battle Creek is September 18th at Kellogg Auditorium.
The date for Grand Rapids is September 19th at Sunshine Community Church.

You can find out more information about both shows here:
http://way.fm/concerts/event?events_ID=47

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Thanks for the info...
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Dear FCM member,
On October 21, 2008 members will be meeting at Woodside Bible church at 7pm with the purpose to establish an official FCM group in Southeastern, Michigan. We hope you will join us as we set goals for this new venture. If you are interested call Rick Lenski at 248-541-4824 or email me at rickfcm@hotmail.com.
Woodlawn Bible Church is located at :
27300 Hoover Rd, Warren, MI 4809
It is just north of I-696
Rick Lenski
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Sorry that is Woodside Bible church. The address is correct.
Mark005
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Mark005
Rick,

I am moving from Grand Blanc to Pontiac. I will be settled by the end of this month. I will support this once I am a bit closer.

Mark
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Rick, have you thought about Monday Mystics? We meet there every Monday. A lot of magicians are always present. Come over to bring up the information so a lot of magicians will know. You might also want to leave flyers of the first get together inside of magic shops.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=31&0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Gospel Magic in Michigan (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL