The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HELP : cd burning help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Hello guys I am trying to burn a cd for my kidshows only has 7songs the computer says it put the files onto the cd but when I pop it out and try to play it in my stero it wont work?! the cd is cd-r and brand name is ativa.. Thank you guys !
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Does the CD play in your computer? If so, maybe the files are there, but just not in a file format that is compatible with your CD player.
That's just a guess, unfortunately I haven't burned any music CDs, I'd have to ask my kids about it. My daughter should be home later, I'll ask her.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I do a lot of burning for a radio show I do every month (usually pretty obscure traditional folk music from around the world). The brand of cd-r has everything to do and the age and make of the machine your using. The only discs I use now, that consistantly work for me, are Fuji brand. Fortunately they're very cheap and available in my local grocery store. I've also used Maxell, Sony, Memorex and Ativa, but none seem very consistant. Trust me, it sucks to have a whole two hour show planned out and have the machine be unable to read the discs. Talk about a last minute scramble through the station library.

It could also be, as Don suggested, that you're putting them on the disc as mp3's but are trying to play them on a machine that doesn't play mp3 format. In that case you need to record them as regular sound files. What program are you using? I'm a mac fan and user, and find iTunes to be a very good tool for doing what you want.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Ok guys thank you very much for your help . I got it to work! I was not using using windows media player but I did and it workerd! yay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HELP : cd burning help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL