The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Addictive game and good for geography (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq
Hope you enjoy.
Try the different challenges at the bottom ie different continents, UNESCO sites, flags etc. Great fun.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
ON world I got p to level 8 complete.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I have completed every level to the last level but it has taken me a few days of playing a lot (my wife isn't happy) which is why I put "addictive" in the title. The highest score I got was 940 000 odd on Asia but granted I live here and the scoring over the different games are not similar.
I never knew there were so many UNESCO sites in the world but thanks to google I have now learned more than I learned in 4 years at varsity.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
It is fun and educational. I did horrible on the picture one though.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My screen is so small that there are places asked about that don't even appear on the map! I can barely make out europe! I got to level eight the first show, I put an island in the pacific on the wrong side of the map and it measured it back across the world rather than the short way....scumbags.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The pictures (I have to be honest) I eventually had to memorize since there are many places that I have not been to yet. It is by far the most difficult. Ironically with the Japanese and Chinese places often the name is written in the picture so it makes it easier. lol
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I only made it to level five on my first try on the basic quiz. I could have done better if I had the slightest idea where islands are--like the Easter Islands. I just clicked some yellow dots in the Pacific. Other than that, I always got the countries right--so I got that going for me. But in a country the size of Brazil...well....

What's everyone's closest click? I got 47km away from Istanbul. Has anyone nailed one--or got within, say, 10k or so?

But it's great fun. I'm gonna go back and do it again.

[edit]

So I went back and started the photo quiz. On the second round I basically missed the hemisphere on a couple, and only came close on one or two. Yet I got through to the third level. That made me lose interest. Two out of seven shouldn't give you through to the next level.

Oh well, yet another thing to be addicted to for the next few days. Thanks.

Jeff
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The closest I got on the basic quiz was 3 km from Sydney Opera House and again for Glasgow. Funny thing is I grew up in South Africa and I have not been able to get closer to any city than 40 km in South Africa so I think getting less than 10 is a little luck.
The photo quiz gets *** difficult.I also think I got very lucky with it.
Still addicted to it and I am going to play again now.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1001 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hey Gehard,

It's me Stephen from Kaohsiung in Taiwan, although now back in Australia. Nat says hi as well. We sure do miss there, and it was great knowing you as well.

Are you still teaching or are you doing the magic scene there in Taipei. PM me to let me know all your news.

All the best,

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
I failed , lol.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
What I enjoy the most about the game is how counterintuitive some of my wrong answers are. It is amazing that you can place a city correctly in Japan and still miss by 1000km. Same thing with Chile.

And it's humbling that I've never even heard of many of the places south of the equator.

My only complaints are that I'd sure like a bigger map, and that I'd like to see a few countries less represented than they are (I can find cities in France and the US quite nicely, thanks; but I sure could use some practice in Africa).

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
You should select the individual continents for challenges especially Africa.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Addictive game and good for geography (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL