The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Shoot Ogawa's Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Am I missing something? I can't find the online video clip of the routine referenced by Dr. Jakks above.
Click to visit:
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1017 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Alexhui
Thanks for the info. I guess the golden rings are unobtainable to someone in the states Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
296 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Dan,

Go to magicproshop.com and watch the demo. Shoot does an excellent job.

nalu
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Murphy's Magic Supplies is distributing the rings and the DVD to shops/dealers. The Silver Rings shipped out from Japan on March 10th and thus should be to us by approximately March 17. It should then just be a few days before your favorite dealer has them. You DON'T want to miss this. It is awesome. Keep and eye out on Bob Kohler as he's got just a killer line up. I can't give out details but every item he has coming is fabulous.

Tim Trono
John Clarkson
View Profile
Special user
Santa Barbara, CA
749 Posts

Profile of John Clarkson
Quote:
On 2003-03-13 01:08, GeorgeG wrote:
Alexhui
Thanks for the info. I guess the golden rings are unobtainable to someone in the states Smile
Alex,

I got a set of the gold rings directly from Shoot after a lecture at The Castle, so they are not completely unavailable. They are nice. I use the silver set for practice and the gold set for performance.

Smile
John D. Clarkson, S.O.B. (Sacred Omphaloskeptic Brotherhood)
Cozener

"There is nothing more important to a magician than keeping secrets. Probably because so many of them are Gay."
—Peggy, from King of the Hill (Sleight of Hank)
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
I am also looking for the golden version without success.

After seeing shoot in Miami last November I approach his table to get a set of his rings and the guys in front of me snatched the last set.

I understand that they are not longer made in Japan either at least that is what Shoot told me.

I took it a step further and try to contact some people in Japan. a forum member was kind enough to translate a msg from the web page of Wizards Inn (apprantly the Japanes manufacturer) in which stated that they were no longer available.

From a commercial point of view does not make any sense. They sol millions of sets in department stores in Japan, and now that they have a new market, the don't make them any more.

If anyone has a set of golden rings that they want to sell, shoot me an PM.

Thanks,

Carlos

BTW If any of the reades are going to Japan or if you are already there, please check toy stores, they might have a few sets left.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1991 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2003-03-13 00:06, Dan Watkins wrote:
Am I missing something? I can't find the online video clip of the routine referenced by Dr. Jakks above.

Dan,

It appears that Shoot's video clip is gone! I personally viewed it at the above url on 3/12/03 and today found it's been removed.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Dan,

they have a demo in http://www.magicsmith.com

Good luck.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
nalu_magic, I went to that website and found the advertisement for the video, but no demo.

Carlos, same with Magicsmith, I read all the advertising on the video, but did not see a link to any performance.

I saw Shoot perform it live last year, but I want to watch it again, it was a wonderful routine.

Can anyone provide a direct link to a video demo?

Dan
Click to visit:
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16945 Posts

Profile of joseph
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Quote:
On 2003-03-03 01:32, alexhui wrote:
I own the rings and the videos when I studied in Japan 1 and a half year ago.The rings,I have to say,are so beautifully made.You must love it.The routine is also very good for both laymen and magicians.But one point to mention!!DON'T perform the routine for Japanese magicians and laymen,they have already watched the routine hundreds of times.Every department store features the same routine...So I have a complicated feeling that whether I should perform the routine...cos soon everyone will only perform this one...

Alex

I wander if the rings the same one sold in department store here in HK. They are called the chinese linking rings. Smile
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
I'm curious about this routine. The presentation on the demo was wonderful. Almost too good. I would love to be able to do what I see on the video but fear it may be next to impossible for the average person. The moves looked so effortless - I am doubtful that many will be able to be as slick as the demo. I'm not against practise but I have a hunch that this routine may be above many peoples ability.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1668 Posts

Profile of alexhui
This routine is not above many people ability if you really practise.I can say it is too good for both laymen and magicians.

Remember the moment when I first saw the routine,I've doubted whether there was a new principle in linking rings.I know Shoot's master,Yonagida,was using the linking rings when he performed for me,but I just couldn't see when the ring passed through the key...

IMOP,the ring and routine are very good.And a little bit contrary to my initial post,after considering for a while,I think I missed my practice of this routine in the past while few people knew at that time.I should have practised it at that time.I think I will pick up my rings in near future and practise some routine(including Shoot's).
And try to remember,the routine is of Yonagida,not Shoot.But Shoot do it beautifully.

Alex
The Real Way of Magic is to touch the soul of our audience, but not to touch the ego of our soul
mitrof
View Profile
New user
Sunny South Florida
54 Posts

Profile of mitrof
Practice, practice, practice...

I saw many local magicians buy these rings and the routine from Shoot at 2 South Florida lectures last year. None of these magicians are performing the routine. I've talked to many of them and the concensus is that the routine just didn't look very magicial in their hands.

I suspect that the DVD format will make learning this routine much easier. However, be ready to put in lots of practice time in order for the routine to look good enough to perform.

Above all, if you are going to perform this routine in public, please give it the time it deserves.

-Frank
scottlurowist
View Profile
New user
Wappingers Falls, NY
52 Posts

Profile of scottlurowist
Can you end "clean" like you can with the McAbee Rings ?

I have not seen the demo yet... so how would this rate with the McAbee rings, which I think is a beautiful routine ?

Scott
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1442 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
just watched the video demo.....looks incredible ,,,like REALLLLLL MAGIC!!!!
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1668 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Scott,

It is not clean at the end,but if you buy 2 sets of rings,you can figure a way to end it cleanly.

Alex
The Real Way of Magic is to touch the soul of our audience, but not to touch the ego of our soul
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Hey guys,

Are the Ninja rings any different than a "regular" set of linking rings? In other words, is it the presentation or the hardware that makes this linking rings so beautiful? Thanks.
Daniel M. Carrico
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
The main link isn't that hard with practice. The thing that killed my pinky was the one handed link. I have two nasty blisters and they are quite painful. Other than that the routine is incredible. Shoot does it 100 times better than me, but I am getting there.

Jakks
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
So to clear everybody's doubt...

So which do the trick ?

The ring or the technique ?

Hope someone can answer this simple question ?

Thanks

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Shoot Ogawa's Ninja Rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL