The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 4 cubes to sponge cross? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Looking through some of my things I came accross the 4 cubes to cross sponge routine from Duane Laflin. I was very excited because I forgot I had purchased it, but cannot find the instructions anywhere. Does anyone have this effect that could pm me the handling and patter which is suggested for the routine. I really want to use it, but am struggling to remember how it works. Thanks.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
You could try emailing lockefamilymagic and see if they would send a copy to you.
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Maybe I'll try that Terry. Thanks for the advice
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
I am emailing you the instructions....let me know if you can make them out from my scan. I have used this little trick a lot over the years, and it is really a good one for one on one. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
David
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Sometimes its best just to throw the instructions away and play around with the prop until you come up with your own unique handling and presentation.

I bought one of these at lecture he gave here years ago and it eventually ended up being used in a sponge ball routine about vampires.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Don't think he's after vampires Payne...lol
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Dean Dill also sells an effect called The Cross- 4 cubes to cross, $15.
http://www.deandill.com

I think Payne made a great suggestion, play around with it to come up with your own presentation. You might actually create a better presentation than what's found in the instructions and one that's unique to you. It's a good creativity exercise.

You can always look at the instructions later if you find yourself stumped.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 12:13, Terry Owens wrote:
Don't think he's after vampires Payne...lol

Shouldn't we all be after vampires? They are after all after us Smile

I didn't think he was going to be looking for a vampire theme presentation. I only brought it up as an example to illustrate that there is often more than one way of looking at a prop. You should never limit your thinking.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I had to give you a hard time Mr. Payne...it's a new year after all, and I had gotten to tease you yet...
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
One thought that comes to mind is using the cubes, stacking them like building blocks, to symbolize the fragmented burdens of a chaotic life.

The transformation to the cross would symbolize the transformation from fragmented chaos to an organized, focused life.

The use of 'sponge' can even 'cap' the message with the concept of, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Thanks for all the helpful posts. I really enjoy trying to be creative and I do not like to "copy" a routine, but sometimes having the original helps get the juices flowing. Thanks again for all the help.
dressegu
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
2 Posts

Profile of dressegu
I came across this thread while searching for information on the Laflin Sponge Cross. The curriculum for our children's ministry at church calls for this particular effect but simply says to use the suggested Gospel presentation included with their product. Unfortunately it seems to be discontinued. I found (and have ordered) the Dean Dill version but would be very appreciative if someone could help me locate the Gospel related patter included with the Laflin version.

thanks!
David
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
You can see Duane perform this routine with a volunteer on his Art of Gospel Magic DVD. Volume 1. It's towards the end of the DVD...

Doug
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Too bad Lock Family Magic is closing shop does anyone know if Laflin products will be available anywhere else?
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
You can e-mail Duane directly and he is handling at least some of the products for now. The e-mail I have is montanawondertheater@yahoo.com but I believe there is another e-mail he uses as well.

M. Reist
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » 4 cubes to sponge cross? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL