The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Please read this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
The late, great writer and science popularizer Carl Sagan wrote of a postcard that he and his wife Annie used to keep next to his bathroom mirror, where he could see it everyday. It was sent by a man named William John Rogers to his friend James Day in Wales.

The inscription said,

"Dear Friend, just a line to show that I am alive & kicking and going grand. It's a treat.
Yours, WJR"

Sagan writes... "On the front is a color photo of a sleek, four-funneled steamer captioned "White Star Liner Titanic. The postmark was imprinted the day before the great ship went down, losing more than 1,500 lives, including Mr. Roger's. Annie and I display the postcard for a reason. We know that "going grand" can be the most temporary and illusory state."

My buddy Dean Montalbano just released a new newsletter that every one of us should read.

Please take a look...

http://hypnodean.com/openminds.htm

Thanks
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
OK, I know…. I’ve been invisible for a while now… So, let me share the update.

First… All I can say is Thank You to everyone who has been so supportive in so many ways. Everything that you have said and done has been a tremendous help to me and my spouse.

The short version update is after being in the hospital for a few days, they deemed my spouse was ready to go and tossed them out. DR. stopped old medication cold turkey, and put them on two very strong things. Well, turns off going cold turkey off the one medication can kill you, so Xmas eve, Day and day after were all spent at emergency rooms with my spouse having heart problems, delusions etc… Until we got a MD that listened and said… "OMG, you need to go back on your old meds NOW."

SO, once that was taken care of, it was like you clicked a switch. He is working again, which is GREAT. Parents are now involved and not trying to turn a blind eye as they did before, and I am getting MY self back in order as well.

My other half is living with parents now half the time and at our house the other half, and right now that seems to be working out well all the way around.

There are still some issues with reality, but recognizes it, and hopefully with the new MD and meds will get back to sharing the same reality we all do 100%. On the other hand probably will have to stay on meds for good, which isn’t necessarily a good thing.

It has all been VERY hard and I appreciate everyone’s patience, caring, love and support!!

Now on to better things!!!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1466 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Dean,

please remember to care for yourself too.

God bless both,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Please read this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL