The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Creative three ball tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Ive been looking for inspiration on a creative three ball trick... To elaborate somthing that includes three balls and possibly another object that you do not juggle. Ive thought about balancing a glass of watter on my forhead and then juggling three balls above the head or somthing similar...any ideas..

Second question...I normaly don't like to ask questions relating specifics to peoples shows because I feel people are concerned of material theft...but ill ask anyway...If you do a three ball routeen what trick do you finish with...

I currently finish with 3 in one hand. I want something with more ump.

Anton
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
I close mine with a shower to see-saw to Mill's Mess to 3 behind the back to a flashy finish....and then pick up all the balls off the floor.

How about a prop that comes into the pattern as a ball leaves. A tube, a hat, a plate. With the plate you coludl introduce the balls on the plate. Juggle add the plate and finish catching all 3 back on the plate after your three in one hand.

My 2 cents

Kevin
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
My current finish is three balls juggled in a fountain along with my hat which is then used to collect. So very similar to the plate idea. I've seen someone juggle whilst drinking a pint of beer that is balanced on his head (he drinks it through a plastic straw)

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
That's an interesting one nigel. Was this a performer or just a party stunt?

Anton
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Like Nigel I do a two balls and a top hat routine. I start by balancing the hat on my nose, to the head, I finish with a foot catch, and foot to the head with a lot of fan fare.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
The performer of the drinking/juggling routine is a British juggler called (if memory doesn't mislead me) Matt Barnard (possibly Bernard). He was working Covent Garden about 10 years ago and I still think he works the street scene.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Ok I finalyfound a pic of that guy. Looks pretty funny. Its definatly a piece that works for him. Love it!

Anton
abbi
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of abbi
My first post here, and would also just like to say "hi". I've always loved magic, and later discovered how much fun juggling can be, too.

Though I'm strictly a hobby juggler, I have performed a few times. The routine I practice simply ends with Runbensteins Revenge, followed by a Windmill with a bit of an extra ending added on for extra wind-up (working on flashier things, but this is the only stuff I can show with any confidence).

I did two little routines at an outdoor festival once. For something special, I made up a trick called "two-in-no hands". It involved two balls and no hands (obviously), and a cloth. The balls appear to juggle themselves, I have a link to a video of it if you're interested.

It's hardly high-class juggling, but the audience laughed pretty good.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Abbi

Yes please show link to video.

Thanks
abbi
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of abbi
Here's a link to me doing it in my room (poor quality perhaps, done on a web-cam).

Like I warned, hardly top-notch stuff, but the reaction was nice. When I did it, I had the use of a small, high table, which was slightly more helpful than putting the balls under my chin.

I first did four in two hands, three in one hand (well, more of a one-sided snake...), and ended with this two-in-none.

(As this is my first post I hope the link will work).
www.juggles.nl/videos/two-in-no-hands.wmv
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Funny abbi
Welcome to the magic Café, and welcome to catch this if you can the gravity fighters forum.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JeffWampler
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, TN
191 Posts

Profile of JeffWampler
I like it...
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Thanks that was great and very creative.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Creative three ball tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL