We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Unicycle/Restacking Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scottishsweetie
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
88 Posts

Profile of scottishsweetie
Hi,

I was reading Peter Duffie's Card Conspiracies 2 over the Christmas break and I liked the idea of the Unicycle stack. For those who do not know this is a stack of 16 cards (4 sets of 4 of a kind) in which after one faro shuffle a card of the same value as the card that was there is at the same position. So say for example we have and Ace of Clubs at position 4 in the stack after one shuffle another one of the aces would be at position 4. This applies to every card in the stack. So the deck will stay in the same numerical order just the suits change.

There is also a section on the Restacking Pack in the second volume of the Collected works of Alex Elmsley. His stack is a full deck stack which after 2 faro shuffles the deck is back in the same numerical order but with the card at every position progressed by one suit in the CHaSeD order.

Peter said in his book that the Unicycle stack had just come out when Card Conspiracies 2 came out. That was a few years ago so I was wonder if any good tricks had come from this principle in the intervening time or if anyone had any references to further work on the Restacking Pack?

I've played with Elmsley's stack. If you memorise it (it's not a difficult one to learn) you can do a Card at Any Number effect and then repeat (ad nauseum) after showing a couple of very honest and thorough (faro) shuffles.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Cheers,
Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Unicycle/Restacking Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL