The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Caught in the act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cardtricksecret
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of cardtricksecret
I think some basic card controls are useful if you are just trying to cheat your "non-pro" gambler friends. Just don't get caught, I was caught once cheating and holy smoke, they thought that I do cheats every time I shuffle or do the dealing of the cards, regardless of lucky days.hehehe...
Buy Magic Tricks - Get magic tricks here.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Hahaha.

Your done for now
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I'm not a player but a friend of mine was stabbed to death at a 'friendly' poker game.
Add some booze and someone losing thier paycheck and anything can happen.
cardtricksecret
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Wtf! It's not a friendly game. That's why I don't cheat when there's a money at stake.hehehe...
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4634 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Even a game with your friends can stop being friendly when they realize you're cheating. I only play friendly games, but I was once caught doing something sneaky and was punched in the face and thrown in a pool. It took a lot of smoothing out afterwards to fix the problem.

Ben
p.s.
I was "cheating" but not at the same time- I was stacking, shifting the cut, and false dealing, but I wasn't stacking any specific cards- so that hands and cards were still random. I was just using it to test my chops... and I failed.
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
cardtricksecret
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

They also asked me to teach them how to do "cheats" in card games or do I know any other cheats.lolz
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 23:40, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
Even a game with your friends can stop being friendly when they realize you're cheating. I only play friendly games, but I was once caught doing something sneaky and was punched in the face and thrown in a pool. It took a lot of smoothing out afterwards to fix the problem.

Ben
p.s.
I was "cheating" but not at the same time- I was stacking, shifting the cut, and false dealing, but I wasn't stacking any specific cards- so that hands and cards were still random. I was just using it to test my chops... and I failed.

Do it for real next time Ben or don't do it at all, you wouldn't want to get killed for practicing..... now would you.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 10:58, cardtricksecret wrote:
I think some basic card controls are useful if you are just trying to cheat your "non-pro" gambler friends. Just don't get caught, I was caught once cheating and holy smoke, they thought that I do cheats every time I shuffle or do the dealing of the cards, regardless of lucky days.hehehe...
Wtf! It's not a friendly game. That's why I don't cheat when there's a money at stake.hehehe...
They also asked me to teach them how to do "cheats" in card games or do I know any other cheats.lolz

What are they, 13 years old?
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Hey Ben,

what did they react to?

Kim
cardtricksecret
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-01-05 10:43, DStachowiak wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 10:58, cardtricksecret wrote:

What are they, 13 years old?

lolz... Actually no, we only play card games just for fun.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1220 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 18:03, Jaz wrote:
I'm not a player but a friend of mine was stabbed to death at a 'friendly' poker game.
Add some booze and someone losing thier paycheck and anything can happen.

What the heck ..
I did hear about Mafia games, where your limbs are cut off when you go to deal, but that's too much.

~ Feras
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
I heard about a game once in which players were shot in the head, point blank, and killed before the start of the game. This was done, of course, to prevent cheating.

CC
matu
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of matu
"Prevent from cheating"... if they shoot too many of the players it could just prevent from playing.
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 13:13, card cheat wrote:
I heard about a game once in which players were shot in the head, point blank, and killed before the start of the game. This was done, of course, to prevent cheating.

CC

thank you for this CC. I am laughing so hard right now haha.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4634 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 10:47, MagicKim wrote:
Hey Ben,

what did they react to?

Kim

I'm embarrassed to say!
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Caught a hanger? Botched a hop?

You can tell us.

In my early days, I got picked up on for copping a cheque while pushing a pot. The guy that sniffed it out approached me during a break. He said that he "hoped he didn't see what he thought he saw." I talked my way out of it, and sat there with a knot in my stomach for the rest of the night, playing on my belly and making sure that I pushed a few more before the night was over.

What a lowbrow move... I still cringe to think that was me.

Getting heat sucks. I know few worse feelings.

CC
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
I'm dealing 21, ran-up a hand and am holding a break in preparation for hopping the cut after the player inserts the cut card. Well I thought everything went ok till the hand didn't show, thought oh well, must've screwed up the stack.

So I'm taking and paying the hands and see I have the 6 of spades on the bottom, thinking geez that's kind of odd. Turns out the player cut above the break and I did the hop anyways, and there's like 5-6 cards underneath the cut card on the bottom of the deck! To make it worse, the floor comes over and starts ********ting with the players, right over my shoulder. I dealt the next round and paid w/o rolling the deck, then immediately just stuck the whole deck in the rack and cleaned it up. It was hysterical.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Well, here we go...

I remember playing in a club, again when I was just cutting my teeth, putting work into the aces of a Gemaco plastic deck. I don't know WHAT in the world I was thinking at the time, and can only imagine that I wasn't thinking at all.

Next thing I know, I see one of the two that I had worked up land a couple of seats after mine. I bet it wasn't there for 15 seconds before someone said something about it. The worst part of it was when they noticed another card with the same "symptoms" sitting in the stub.

It's a good thing it was an old deck. Looking back on it, I laugh my ass off. I don't know why in the world I would have put down work like that. I would give anything to go back in time as a fly on the wall and watch me from that angle. I can vividly remember, when I saw that card on the table, feeling as though I had been kicked sharply in my taint.

Now that I think about it, there was no need for me to screw with those cards. They were old enough that they had a few wear and tear marks on them anyway. Live and learn, I guess.

CC
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4634 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 20:34, card cheat wrote:
Caught a hanger? Botched a hop?

You can tell us.

Alright... but it's bad.

I used a pick up stack to position a set on top, then stacked them for myself. Deck is cut and I remind everyone to ante. As this happens I shift the deck... and finish it with a dribble.

I was pretty drunk, and rather then doing a normal hop I had executed a dribble shift without thinking. Everyone looked at me, and I dribbled again, as if it was nothing, and asked if everyone had anted. Someone asked me what I was doing, and next thing I knew the **** had hit the fan.

I've had other instances, but that one stands out in my mind because it is the only time I was punched in the face, and the only time I was thrown in a pool.

Ben
p.s.
Mr. Conley... I was cheating. I just didn't want to admit it on a public forum. Oh well- this is the cheaters section isn't it?
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ĺland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I am just glad to be able to learn from your mistakes, so that, I too don't have to learn those lessons the hard way. I will probably make worse mistakes though and when I do, and if I live to tell about it, you will probably hear me talking about them here too.

take care everybody.

Kim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Caught in the act (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL