The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Caught in the act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
One time I kicked in a cooler and I accidently switched in a jumbo deck. I almost got away with it, but someone noticed the deck was a little bit colder.

:(
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 21:35, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
As this happens I shift the deck... and finish it with a dribble.

...I had executed a dribble shift without thinking.

...and I dribbled again, as if it was nothing, and asked if everyone had anted.

Until this very second, I always thought that dribbling was something that one did only with a basketball.

What is a dribble shift?

CC
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
A dribble shift, although technically describing a cover for virtually any shift, usually describes a modified classic/two handed shift which uses a dribble (hold the deck from above about 5 or so inches above the left hand. The thumb release pressure which causes the cards to drop one at a time in quick succession into the left hand- this is a dribble) as cover.

This is a very nice shift for magical purposes, where a little bit of flash is allowed, but obviously not a great shift at the card table.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Ahaaaa.... I see.

I think that I found a clip of this on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HNFHmRRlnwI

Funny thing, though. I visited the above mentioned site and searched for "dribble shift" and only found one card-related video. I forgot that magicians call this a "pass."

I gotta say that the guy in this clip does it nicely. At least from the angle that the video was shot from. I never messed around very much at all with the classic shift. But enjoy seeing the move done well.

Thanks for sharing your stories, guys. And here I thought that this thread was never going to have any value or purpose.... Shame on me.

CC
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
@ card cheat,
You might want to see MagicKam excuting the dribble pass.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5XPw-K5kK-Q&feature=related

Best angle for this pass is on the left. Even a beginner will pull it off nicely from that angle.

Great stories. Makes me admire the bravery of the cheats, haha. And some magicians are actually living in fear of being cought by their audience. That would cost them a tiny bit if their reputation, not their life. Smile

~ Feras
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
Quote:

I was pretty drunk, and rather then doing a normal hop I had executed a dribble shift without thinking. Everyone looked at me, and I dribbled again, as if it was nothing, and asked if everyone had anted. Someone asked me what I was doing, and next thing I knew the **** had hit the fan.

I've had other instances, but that one stands out in my mind because it is the only time I was punched in the face, and the only time I was thrown in a pool.

Ben
p.s.
Mr. Conley... I was cheating. I just didn't want to admit it on a public forum. Oh well- this is the cheaters section isn't it?

Now there, guess one of the keys for successful cheating is to always remain sober; unless you know others are more drunk than you.

Thanks for sharing guys, though it gets me on my nerves when reading ..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Caught in the act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL