The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up drawing duplication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
I'm behind Looch's Double D, one of the more convincing and less fiddly to the point versions out there.
One day I will write a book
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Another vote for looch's Double D Smile
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 22:34, aceofharts wrote:
There is one that uses post it notes, I had a friend of mine do this and it seemed to be very convensing. I am sure if you do a search you can find it. And it fit your requirements. If anyone knows what I am talking about maybe they can give you the name of the effect.

That effect is called "Post Impression"
it is in Sean Field's book "Explicit Content"
very useful, and wonderful book.

Nicolás.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 18:18, abraxus wrote:
Jon riggs, gods with feet of clay...unfortunately for you, I cant remember which volume, I think its either 2 or 4...maybe someone else can name it...i think its' on 2 the more I think of it...

ticks all the boxes of the requirements you ask for...

or use one of his boards as pre-show and do it that way...

Quote:
On 2008-01-06 05:37, psychicturtle wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-05 09:12, Bill Cushman wrote:
For a close up DD, Outlaw's S.O.M. pads cannot be beat.

I respectfully disagree!!!! You have to reopen the SOM pad don't you? If I am wrong I apologise.

Nope. SOM is totally clean...no need to "reopen"

I use it to read the minds of household pets. When you pick it up you get access to the Outlaw fora where you can read my take on reading the mind of kitty kats and the like.

D]
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
A really great drawing duplication can be found in Annemann's One Man Psychic routine. It's called Telepathy Plus. This can be done stage and close up. It involves reading thoughts of 3 spectators with the climax being a drawing duplication. All you need is 3 pieces of paper and a coffee cup and you've got one of the greatest routines ever devised by one of the greatest mentalists who ever lived. I use it in every show and woudn't trade it for anything.

Steve
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Hey vai, I thought you had a copy of my drawing dupe, what did you think?
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Where did that post go? returned to the Ether?
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Apparently it was flagged as advertising, I was pretty shocked to be fair.. it was getting so much approval.

= (
vai
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of vai
Hi Vincent, I do indeed have a copy of your drawing dupe and it's a great effect. I started this thread a couple of days ago, its purely a happy coincidence that yours came up today with a great answer to my problem.

Anyone looking for an effect similar to the one I outlined in my first post should definitely check out Vincent's P.B.B duplication, it meets almost all the essential requirements I had for this effect and also has my mind ticking with other applications of the method.

I think there's a review thread on it for those who are interested, it's well worth investigating if you're after this kind of effect.

all the best

Dave
Check out my releases at http://stores.lulu.com/mentalism
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I use vincent's DD in bar settings. I just did it on my family and they loved it Smile
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 08:22, Don Theo III wrote:

Really? I just got a PM saying that you do have to reopen it to get the peek. Now I'm confused, 2 totally opposite answers!

I think I will have to check out Vincent's DD, with all these recommendations from people I know.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 20:16, psychicturtle wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-01-06 08:22, Don Theo III wrote:

Really? I just got a PM saying that you DO have to reopen it to get the peek. Now I'm confused, 2 totally opposite answers!

I think I will have to check out Vincent's DD, with all these recomendations from people I know.

DT3 is absolutely correct. Perhaps the person PMing you misunderstood or was describing a different product. I use Mindscan 2 and have since it came out (it is the same methodology as SOM, Son Of Mindscan) and I have the spectator crumple up his drawing into a ball and hang onto it. I never touch it.

But buy what you will, and believe who you will.

Addendum:
Sorry if I come off as grumpy, it is not my intent. I'm having an issue now that affects me as a whole.

Excuse me, I have not really posted here recently and probably won't be posting here again for a short while.

Tony
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Not at all Grumpy Tony, thank you for clearing that up for me.
I hope whatever issue you are referring to clears up easily.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I second Steve's comment about, "Incredible Mind Reading," on Osterlind's "Bonus" dvd - terrific and so easy to do. I've done it many times including once with a group of friends sitting at a table in a restaurant after dinner. The effect can be done in almost any situation.
Richard
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 18:18, abraxus wrote:
Jon riggs, gods with feet of clay...unfortunately for you, I cant remember which volume, I think its either 2 or 4...maybe someone else can name it...i think its' on 2 the more I think of it...

ticks all the boxes of the requirements you ask for...

or use one of his boards as pre-show and do it that way...

Perfectly stated.

It's on number 2 which is subtitled "Flashes from the Violet Hour"

So much good stuff on there.

D
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Vincent's DD if you want something different and foolproof,

download it at his site it's a steal...

Best,
John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Quote:
On 2008-01-23 15:23, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Vincent's DD if you want something different and foolproof,

download it at his site it's a steal...

Best,
John

Thankyou, that's very kind.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2008-01-04 18:10, vai wrote:
It's essential that the duplication be impromptu, possible on business cards, use no visible props other than the business cards and pens and the spectator to have a free choice of drawing. As a preference I would like for it to be real time but I understand that this last one may have to be sacrificed.

As much as I love Richard Osterlind's ODDS, the spectator does not have a (totally) free choice of drawing, but rather a free choice within a limited range.

Business minded by Bob Solari would fit your criteria for $6.95, unless you consider carrying something with you as disqualifying it from being "impromptu."
Then again, if that's your feeling then Vincent's PBB DD wouldn't be impromptu either.
You can even watch a video demo of Business Minded here: http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=6894&tagent=bmag

Arnon

P.S. I also remember seeing Business Minded explained in a magazine - perhaps someone can help me here. Smile
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
PM'd you.

Thanks,

Elliott
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I was interested in getting some type of impression pad (for close up work, like a wallet or small pad) several months ago. And I did a bunch of research here on the forums. But there are so many different types ranging from outlaw and assassin wallets to som and janus and other imp pads that I never made up my mind. I still haven't gotten one yet! And I don't wanna buy several types before I figure out my preferred "style". If anyone who has several of these devices could pm me and help me make a choice it would be much appreciated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up drawing duplication (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL